Parts Needed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts Needed!!!

OK all, I am looking for a new set of left-hand controls for my 81H. I need the whole pod. This is the one with the indicator switch, horn, hi/lo etc.
    Mine is busted as many of the soldered wires inside have broken off and will not reconnect. I found this problem when my indicator lights quit blinking. Anyone out there have an extra on of these laying around I would certainly appreciate it.
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Hey Wayne,

Want to send the control to me and have me give a go at soldering it? I'm pretty good at that sort of thing . . .
    CUAgain,
    Daniel Meyer
    Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
    Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

If i cant find one at the bone yard this weekend Danny, I just might take you up on that.
      Thanks

Comment

Or you can just wave your arms around for signals, and I'll bring my soldering stuff to Kerrville . . . course we will have to find a place to plug it in . . .
        CUAgain,
        Daniel Meyer

Comment

Problem is, I need to get the bike inspected before TeXSive. Otherwise that would be fine.
          Dont want to take a chance and getting a ticket.
          Although most cops dont even know where the inspections sticker is on a bike!

Comment

Ummmmmmm . . . . are signals even required for the inspection? I seem to be remembering that they are not . . . . but that maybe for smaller CC bikes . . . . You might call and double check.

Course my offer still stands . . . send it on up . . . I can't guarantee a fix, but it can't be worse . . . and me and the new owner of WOM just fixed the same problem inside his ignition switch.
            CUAgain,
            Daniel Meyer

Comment

signals on a bike

Turn signals are not required on a motorcycle to pass inspection in Texas. BUT.........if you have them on the bike they have to work....easy way around that is to remove all four signals from the bike....till you can get 'em fixed. ........Leastwise that's what they told me "up here".
              I'm the Person my Parents Warned me about.

Comment

Well that aint possible as I have a full touring fairing.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne
                  Well that aint possible as I have a full touring fairing.
                  Even easier.. stick something over them... duct tape or sth.

LP
                  If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
                  (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Wayne, the ones on the front aren't turn signals... they're running lights. Now take the ones off the back and get it inspected.

Hey, I'd believe you if you told me....
                    Brian
                    1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
                    1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
                    remembering the same thing!

Comment

found one!

Found the controls at my local bone yard. Got it home checked it out to make sure it works and it does. I Sanded it down threw some black ceramic paint on it and voila' like new!
                      Thanks to those who helped and offered parts to me.
                      TeXSive here I come!!!

Comment

I think I made a guy madd I have ordered parts from him but he sold them before I could order and well my own fault for takiing so long so I ordered more from him. He seemed over welmed. I asked him for you if he had the part I haven't heard back. I my self am looking for a parts bike. Just something to play with on the side. I have half the parts on order, still getting the money for the others and on the road I am again. Hope to see ya there. David <><

Comment

Working...
                        X