New ET for my XS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ET for my XS

Ok, here it is. I signed up for that TV show pinks last year with my XS. I still havent gotten invited to actually race, but I did attend the taping and was able to make some practice runs last Friday at Speedworld. I ran a best to date of 12.55 @ 104. I think it would be neat if someone else were to sign up with their XS to run against me on the show... Has anyone else raced their bike lately???

I wouldn't mind racing mine when I get my gear fix done, but after all the time and effort into this thing, I wouldn't even race an AMC Javelin for pink slips. Not that I would want a Javelin anyway, but mechanical things break.... I couldn't even IMAGINE the feeling of someone else riding off on MY bike!
    I had a buddy that just went through a bad divorce with kids. He told me that the worst part of the whole process, was watching someone ride off on his Triumph that he had lovingly restored... said it was the only time he cried through the whole thing. While I still breathe, this XJ has found a permanent home.

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Your right, I guess I plan on winning anyway, so I would love to bring home another...lol

I spoke with my wife about it and I really want to race on the show, but don't wanna lose my XS...

Comment

The race an older HD, and make sure he has less than 90 cid!!
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I actually was running next to a newer Soft-tail twice that day and he was only running 13.30's or so.... I would so love to waste an HD and win it....lol

Comment

I would so love to waste an HD and win it....lol
            .. and then sell it ..
            i would race, but not for pinks. i love my bikes

Comment

I would have a...

harley smashing lottery. For $10 per ticket, you get 30 seconds with the bike and a steel pipe.

Comment

Re: I would have a...

Originally posted by John
                harley smashing lottery. For $10 per ticket, you get 30 seconds with the bike and a steel pipe.
                HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude that's CHEAP! I'd glady pay $50 for a ticket...but only if we could make a video and broadcast on TLC during a commercial break from Orange County Choppers.

We could show clips of people smashing some piece of crap Road King and sell a video titled "XSives Gone Wild!!!"

Comment

I think its a shame to just whack at a bike - any bike - even a hardley... just to whack and destroy something. Saw an old Z 650 destroyed at a bikers meeting in austria... didn't quite get it. First they burned the tire off... OK, I could almost understand that.... then blow the engine.... and whack it with the sledgehammer. Dunno why they ruined a good bike. But thats just me.

LP
                  If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
                  (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

A local radio station gives away a custom-painted Harly every now and then.
                    I thought of entering and if I won it, roll it into the parking lot and taking a sledgehammer to it. After all, it's mine and it was free.
                    I'd make sure there was an ambulance standing by.
                    Another idea would be to load it in the back of my pick-up (the Harley crowd would be ok with that) and drive-off without tieing it down.

When I went to a biker leather shop to get Wife some chaps the owner looked at my bike and said they smashed an XS1100 on their last run/rally.
                    Pat Kelly
                    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Ya need to get down to the 97lb., soaking wet Pee Wee Gleason weight. That ought to crack the 11 seconds. Ride naked???
                      When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

at least wear a helmet if you're gonna ride naked.....hehehehe
                        Randy

"I didn't break it! IT FAILED!"

'82 XJ1100 "yamama"
                        '09 Buell Ulysses
                        '01 HD softail std - crunched

Comment

Saw an episode of PINKS last night where V-Rod got smoked by a (I think) Suzuki 1100. Anyway, it was an inline four Suzy. The Suzi rider walked away with an $18,000.00 Harley.

Comment

Ya would think those HD riders would learn not to mess with the rice burners. So much for the state of the art performance V-Rod motor. Maybe the Suzy rider can sell it back to the loser
                            When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

I saw that episode this morning

The Suzuki was an 83 GS 1000 or 1100 , don't really remember He smoked that h-d every time. It was so cool. A 23 year old bike the owner said was worth $4000 just totally dusted the $18k h-d. The Suzi rider gave the h-d a one bike length head start in the last race, and the Suzi even lifted the front wheel and STILL beat him. Beauty, eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X