Handlebars and Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handlebars and Wiring

Need the buckhorn ( i think) handlebars for a 78e. They measure 28 inchs across and about 6 inch rise. I have a set off a 79, but they are more like steerhorns. They measure 31 inch across and have about 5 inch rise to them. Also need the wiring harness that goes to the headlight. It has one big male plug on it with about 14 wires in it. PO cut off all but 3 of the wires and i have no idea where the rest of them go to. One of them he had grounded to the fork clamp (blue wire). Also will have a oil cooler for sale or trade, it is on the 79f. Have not taken it off yet because i need the short bolt that holds the cover on.

Thanks Tom
    82 XJ1100 DAILY RIDE
    78 XS1100E FIXING UP
    79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
    Thanks Tom
    82 XJ DAILY RIDE
    78 XS1100E FIXING UP
    79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
    79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
    80 XS1100SG FULL DRESS BIKE
    82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

Well, Tom do you need OEM Standard bars or Special bars? The Special bars will be the ones that have the taller rise to them and will be narrower. They are called Buckhorns. I have a set of each available. I also have the harness from a 78E and most of it is still intact. I am also interested in the cooler and I have a short oil filter cup bolt for trade if you're interested.

Comment

I tried that and the wires were pretty tight! (My wrists still hurt!)
      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

John, i don't know which bars i need, i think they must be the Special bars by the way you describe them. Measure them and see what ones measure 28 inchs across. Will trade you the cooler for the handlebar and the wiring harness and the short bolt for the cover. Will need you to install wires also, HA HA. PM me for address.

Thanks Tom
        82 XJ DAILY RIDE
        78 XS1100E FIXING UP
        79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
        Thanks Tom
        82 XJ DAILY RIDE
        78 XS1100E FIXING UP
        79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
        79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
        80 XS1100SG FULL DRESS BIKE
        82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

Comment