Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow XS 11 parts on EBAY............(Tour stuff)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow XS 11 parts on EBAY............(Tour stuff)

Hey everybody, There is a guy selling a bike by the parts, on Ebay, and I would like to ask kindly to leave me the "Yellow" bike parts(tour package that has been painted) as the guy lives close to me, and I am trying to bargain a package deal for all the yellow stuff , so it will match, and I could just drive and pick them up)...........if there is a part that is yellow that you need, let me know, and you can have my parts from my bike.(original macho maroon color).......also I am vying for the Tkat fork brace that he has on there also............PLEASE GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! I am trying to keep it CHEAP!!!!! The vetter fairing and bags that I have are ok, but have some damage, and I would like to replace them........I would like to keep everything one color at least....THANKS!!!!!!!!!
    80'XS1100G "Red Velvet"
    HD VRSCA 03' V Rod

While sitting in a chair, tilt your head back, and watch the wall behind you, instantly become a ceiling....

Re: Yellow XS 11 parts on EBAY............(Tour stuff)

For the life of me, I can't figure out why someone would split a set like that into many pieces. Who wants to win the bid on the left bag but not the right, or not win the mounting hardware??? I would be in for the bidding if it were a complete set.
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

To be completely honest with you, I'm not even sure how much that bike needed to be parted out to begin with. Everything on there is extremely clean, and in good shape.
      "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemmingway

Comment

Well to be honest, the guy is kind of an ass, thats why, he is trying to get as much as he can for these things, I offered him 250.00 for the yellow items, and even exchange for my stuff, and he told me...........you are not even close.........you are about a third of the way there !!!! I told him they are used bike parts, not diamonds!!!! The Tkat brace is going higher than I expected, how high should I go, before it is almost new price????It is being played hard!!!! look how many bids already!! Should I just wait and get a new one ??? I heard TKAT is hard to get a hold of......The one on Ebay looks like it is missing two screws, he avoided the question of one bidder, who inquired about the screws.........Damn I wanted it cheaper than 75.00!!!!!Everytime I bid someone hits is right away.......I give up.
        80'XS1100G "Red Velvet"
        HD VRSCA 03' V Rod

While sitting in a chair, tilt your head back, and watch the wall behind you, instantly become a ceiling....

Comment

with the response the brace is getting, Tkats phone should be ringing off the hook!!!! and Cash flowing heavily!!!! man I do not get a "brake"
          80'XS1100G "Red Velvet"
          HD VRSCA 03' V Rod

Comment

I wanted the whole set..........but it looks like I will get the Hard bags and the fairing.( the guy told me I would never get these things by bidding on them, cheaper than 250.00, He said a guy wanted to buy the hard bags for 125.00 and he turned it down)..............How does the tool kit look to you guys?????? really the only part I need is the Mid gear Gauge.....but it is still going pretty cheap for the set
            80'XS1100G "Red Velvet"
            HD VRSCA 03' V Rod

Comment

I have been watching his stuff also. Why don't we flood his inbox with messages of how much of a 'Richard Crainium' he is? From the description he gave, it sounds like a simple pick up coil wire repair would have fixed the problem. Effin' idiot! Busting up a nice bike like that.

Comment

In tech tips, you can make your own Middle gear and final gear dipstick..
                dipstick tech tip

If that is all you want the tool kit for, I'd save your money.
                Yamaniac
                '79 xs11 sf - WidowMaker, 750 final drive
                '80 xs1100 sg- ENEMY#1 parts bike no title(free)
                '79 f- frame and swingarm (and title)
                '82 yz 490- needs a cylinder, head, & new piston, etc. Got one for sale?
                '88 Honda cbr600- Running, finally! Training bike for swmbo, maybe a stunt bike for me eventually.

Comment

"The yellow bike" My brother has an '80 xs1100 standard, and is going for the pipes, hot and heavy, you may beat him, but you will pay out the nose. LOL. Later 'Dog

Comment

Dipstick still available from Yamaha for about $5.

Steve
                    80 XS1100G Standard - YammerHammer
                    73 Yamaha DT3 - DirtyHairy
                    62 Norton Atlas - AgileFragile (Dunstalled) waiting reassembly
                    Norton Electra - future restore
                    CZ 400 MX'er
                    68 Ducati Scrambler
                    RC Planes and Helis

Comment

Everytime I bid someone hits is right away.......I give up.

hey ripchord11

check bid time left on an item
                      don't bid until the end
                      bidding too soon just drives the price up

mro

Comment

LOL...........Yo Dog, no I don't need the pipes, mine are nearly perfect, although I would like to get some better sound out of mine, toooo quiet!!! I mearly wanted to get all the matching yellow parts, so I could have one color.........Now, I will probably have a Florida Seminole/Washington Redskin color bike.....and I am a Dolphin Fan!!!!Thanks for the tip on the Mid Gear Final drive Gauge.....I think it is awful he tore this bike up for a small problem.MoneyMoney money
                        80'XS1100G "Red Velvet"
                        HD VRSCA 03' V Rod

Comment

Un Muff your Muffler!

Hey Rip,

Just drill a few 1/4" holes in the end of the baffles of your mufflers, and it'll ritchen up the sound. IF you then don't like it, you can put in some sheet metal screws to reclose the holes!
                          T.C.
                          T. C. Gresham
                          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                          History shows again and again,
                          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thanks TC!! Do I drill right through the holes already in it???
                            80'XS1100G "Red Velvet"
                            HD VRSCA 03' V Rod

Comment

the mid drive tool is available from bike bandit-
                              GAUGE,OIL LEVEL
                              (FOR MIDDLE AND6FINAL GEAR CASE) [GAUGE,OIL LEVEL] 22811-001 $3.73
                              -Tom
                              05 Suzuki Bandit 1200S

Comment

Working...
                              X