wanted : piece of Kerker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted : piece of Kerker

this may be a screwed up hunt ..but i'm hoping i can find right side primary pipe for a vintage 4 into 1 kerker..iv'e heard they usually rust out at the collector .mine is pretty decent except PO put big dent in #4 right at the bend heading down..what i'd like to do is saw off #4 under bike and replace tube if i can find one ..i think it would look much better than attempting to patch tube ..hopefully one of you has an old kerker that has fallen apart at collector..i'll pay something fair for pipe but before i get too carried away i'll just go buy a new mac ..probably 4 into 2 thanks stevo

extra kerker parts

I have 3 of the four kerker parts that I no longer use. You can have the the #3 pipe as well, but a car ran over it. Don't ask how. #1,2, and 4 are in perfect shape. I also have the collector, which I sawed off a little shorter, and the POS muffler.

You can have it all for $50 and the cost of shipping. The stuff is stored neatly away .
    80 XS11 Special

Comment

I have an old Kerker, will check what kind of shape it's in tommorow. Later 'Dog

Comment

tsears the only pipe i need is #4...if you are keeping it all together for a reason ..thats fine..i'm not going to spend but a few bucks for a pipe..and i surely don't wont to pay to ship stuff i'm going to throw away..if i can't find pipe i can buy a new mac for under 300 to my door...i appreciate your quick response but i don't think one pipe for $50 off of discarded headers is a very good buy .....

scalded dog if you check condition of your pipes (only important one to me is far right #4)and let me know i'd appreciate it and i will pay something + shipping.. it just doesn't make sense to pay much...

Comment

kerker

and if no one wants the set let me know,Am looking for 4-1 must be useable though. willing to pay a little depending on actual condition.Sorry to thread on your post,but was up my ally anyway.
          1982 XJ 1100
          going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
          now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

A decent muffler/exhaust shop should be able to make one (if you can't find one). Even a section spliced-in should be able to be dressed-up to match..... as long as it's not chrome.
            Pat Kelly
            <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
            1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
            2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
            1999 Suburban (The Ship)
            1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
            1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

it is chrome..thats why i want to weld in #4 pipe under bike..not as obvious

Comment

The #4 pipe is in ok shape, not rusted thru anywhere, has some rust up close to where it bolts to the motor, I can saw it off and send it to you for $15, plus shipping, also let me know where you want it sawed at. Later 'Dog

Comment

scalded dog
                  how rusty is pipe...mine are actually in pretty good shape other than the dent..is it still plenty thick where it seats to head...is picture to much trouble..i know i'm wearing you out over a 15 dollar part..it's just if i can't make this pipe look good ..i'm going to buy new..thanks stevo

Comment

I have never attempted to put a picture on here, or any where, not real computer savvy, but will check the extent of the rust, and get back with you, I also have a 4-1 mac exhaust, only a couple years old, run for a couple months, but like the double pipe look better, will sell it for $150. plus shipping. Later 'Dog

Comment

ya know i actually like the two pipe look better also..the reason i don't want to put much in this one is because it's 4 into 1 ..i like the sound of 4 into 2 more also ..if it's half a rats ass slower because of exaust i'm to old to care...but!! i own a pretty nice kerker that has one dent...as soon as finances allow i will be going to 4 into 2..and i'll sell what i got now to someone cheap ..

Comment

Stevo, just took a wire wheel to the kerker, after knocking offf the rust, realized it was all the way thru. Sorry, it's just scrap iron now. Later 'Dog

Comment

guess i'll be going with new exaust sooner than i thought

Comment

OK i'm going to ask once more before i buy new exaust ..does anyone have a #4 pipe for a chrome 4 into 1 kerker..i have nice pipes except for a dent in the upper bend of #4...all pipes are welded in at collector..i would want as much of #4 as possible (saw off as close to collector as possible)... i'll pay say 25 bucks for one pipe + shipping ..i know this is a long shot ...but i don't know till i ask....stevo

Comment

Stevo

I got a header but dont remember how good shape its in
                              Ill check it tonight and let you know. pretty sure the pipe is ok but dont know about the chrome.

Comment

Working...
                              X