Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS 11 seat

Good Day.
    I have a 1979 XS 1100 special and I would like to change the seat on it. I was wondering if the seat from a 1980 Midnight Special will fit or will it take alot of modification to do it.

I a more stepped seat on the bike, so any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

79 & 80 Special seats are not interchangeable. This I know. A seat from an 80 and 81 Special might be interchangeable but the 79's are different.

Sorry to break the bad news.

Comment

Hope this works

The seat in the pic I believe is from a 81 special. It is on my 79 special.

Gary
      79sf
      78e

Comment

Nope not going to work, you password protected the album. Take off the password please.
        Gary Granger
        Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
        2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

I think I removed the password. Sorry about that. First time Iv'e used imagestation.
          Gary
          79sf
          78e

Comment

OK now I can show you how to post it as a real picture, since I use image station all the time. Just go to 'my imagestation' and click on the album the picture is in, open the album and find the photo you want, (DO NOT click on it to get the original size image, you need the smaller album photo), now right click on the photo and hit properties, then highlight the URL (address of the photo) and right click on the highlighted address and select copy. Now open a thread here and just paste that in between the IMG tags.

[ i m g ] http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...b/fd500267.jpg [/ i m g ] , spaces are shown so it does not format.

And then you have the following right in your posting.

Gary Granger
            Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
            2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Gary

I tried your instruction and got the picture to post.

Thanks
              Gary
              79sf
              78e

Comment

Here is another view.

Gary
                79sf
                78e

Comment

Seat Request

Dear XS forum:
                  I have a 1979 xs11 special and need a seat pan, I have an original king queen seat foam and cover and would like to put a pan under it. If anyone has an extra one, I sure could use it. I have some mirrors that are average originals and some original shocks, great chrome springs bad shock though..I am not sure if they are removeable...nothing great but original..Please e-mail me if interested in trade or cash?? THANX
                  Shack
                  Shack
                  79 xs11 Special "SOLD Aug 26 2003"
                  2001 GSF K 1200 Bandit "BIG 12"
                  Oct 02
                  2001 GSF Naked + Black 1200 Dec 03
                  3176 miles

Comment

Originally posted by CA.XSer
                    Gary

I tried your instruction and got the picture to post.

Thanks
                    That does look like an 81 seat. Does it fit fine? I have wanted to put a more stepped seat on my 79 but was under the impression that later seats would not fit. Can you tell if anything has been modified?
                    Robert
                    79 SF

Comment

Nothing has been modified on the seat or bike. As you can see in the above pic the side of the seat comes down quite a bit and hits the side covers. Also covers up the helmet lock. The back of the seat is open where the tail cover goes. I do like the way the seat feels and rides, but don't care for the back or sides. But you use what you got till you can get somethig better.
                      Gary
                      79sf
                      78e

Comment

Working...
                      X