Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a couple of things, anybody have em.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dewibp
    So if you keep the hardware, does that mean you would give up the pan and do you know if it will fit a 79 special?
    The 79 special is an altogether different animal. The seat I have is from an 80.

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

The seat from a 80 Special will fit onto the 79 Special, but... the lower part of the seat were it sits above the top of the side covers is lower than it is on a 79, and it will hit and wear against the side covers. There will also be a big gaping hole under the back of the seat where the 80 tail light/grabrail was was positioned. I did the seat swap thing with the 79SF that I just finished going over a couple of months ago. The owner had an 80 SG seat that he wanted to install on his 79SF, and I was going to buy the seat from the 79 for my 80SG. I knew the diffrences, but I had to show him to prove it. As much as I wanted that seat, I wouldn't take it from him and do the swap, because the 79 seat was in excellent shape, and I couldn't see messing up the lines of the bike by putting the wrong seat on it. I did use his 80 seat on my bike until I got a new 79 SF seat for it.

Comment

thanks john
        DEW
        One Red "Creation 1"
        One Black"Creation 2"
        One Black"Creation 3"
        One ???? "Creation 4"
        One ???? "Creation 5"
        One ???? "Parts Bike"
        All the above 1100 Specials
        78 Standard (Ruf Ruf)
        1980 Midnight Special
        1978 650 SE

Comment

I'd take $15 for the one I have. Any less and I wouldn't be motivated to pack it up but it some one local needed, I'd let it go for buying me lunch... ;o)

Geezer
          Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Working...
          X