'Standard' Gas Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Standard' Gas Tank

So, here's the deal. I decided that I should just go ahead and try to get a 'Standard' gas tank, instead of the 'Special' one I currently have. But eBay only has a dented and rusty one up. And I'd like to get this little project done within a month or two, so I'm wondering if you any of you guys have one that I could purchase, or possibly trade my 'special' tank for.

What happenned was, originally, I recieved the bike for free from my eye doctor because he didn't want it taking up space in his garage any longer. As I looked into what was needed to get it running, it was discovered that the gas tank on it (a 'Standard' one) had quite a bit of rust inside of it.

It had a little rust on the underside of it as well, and my father took a pocket knife to scrape a little off. However, he put the knife through the tank. Mainly because it was so rusted that it was nearly paper thin. So, I purchased the first gas tank I could find on eBay that was fairly cheap, and it was a 'Special' tank. It doesn't match up with my seat very well. The petcocks that came with it are much larger and more obtrusive than what I have for the old tank. And they lack the 'octopus' piece.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemmingway

I only have a special tank left off of a 79sf. Cannot help you out for your search for a standard. I do however have octopus,correct petcocks for special with stock filters.Petcocks left and right with octopus with all hoses in proper place with clips. $20.00 includes shipping in continental USA. andreas

Comment

just keep a eye on ebay one will turn up soon

Comment

I have an extra standard tank. It's a bit rusty inside but I can't find any evidence of rust through. It’s missing the cap and petcocks. PM me if you’re interested.

Geezer
        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

there is one on ebay right now, painted yellow, nice!!!!
          80'XS1100G "Red Velvet"
          HD VRSCA 03' V Rod

While sitting in a chair, tilt your head back, and watch the wall behind you, instantly become a ceiling....

Comment

Yeah, I know. But sadly it's hit a pretty high price. I don't kow if I can win it. :P
            "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemmingway

Comment

Working...
            X