Electrical question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical question

I've got a simple electrical question (if there is such a thing) about grounding. I just recently installed hard luggage bags on my bike, and used the turn signal relocater bar to mount the turn signals. I used the exsisting wires that are located under the fender. There is no provision for a ground wire though. Is it necessary to ground this?
    Thank you,
    Mark Stanton

groung wire

the lights do require a ground, whether it be provided by a wire lead or a chassis ground(the turn- signal relocator bar is bolted to the the licence plate mount and grounds through the chassis)
    .....sorry I was rambling,the answer is no,its grounded when you mount it

Comment

hey mark, how did the bags turn out??
      - dan
      - thinker57@lycos.com
      - SF/H/E/HD "Stray Bullet"

Comment

i agree with oldf___. unless the bags start to melt. then i would add a ground!

Comment

The most common electrical problem with signal lights is a poor ground, followed by corroded connections. If in doubt, add a ground!
          Norm Willey
          94 BMW K75RT
          nwilley@shaw.ca

Comment

I would add to that list a burned out bulb or corroded bulb connections or socket.

When replacing a complete turn signal with a brand new one it makes sense to slather up the socket and bulb connections with dielectric grease to prevent problems for years to come.

Comment

Working...
            X