Stainless Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless Exhaust

Check out this nifty stainless steel exhaust system.

Available from this outfit: http://www.gazbike.demon.co.uk/offic...up/profile.htm

Only thing about stainless exhausts is the headers tend to turn a sort of brown color from heat but I think it looks kind of cool. The mufflers on these systems are packed with stainless steel wool.
    Shiny side up,
    650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
    XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

.. hey, is that Paul Hogan playing peeka boo in the last picture?

Comment

Does kinda look like. Notice that the second picture was taken before the crash and the last picture afterwards!
      Shiny side up,
      650 Mike

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

.. i dont know, looks kinda skratchy in the first pick also

Comment

Say....those are nice..

That's not Paul Hogan, it's Van Damme.
          They Call Me the Breeze

'79 SF

Comment

They dont list prices. Wonder how much they are?

I'm guessing pretty expensive. Sure look nice though. Shouldn't ever rust. You'd think they'd last forever. Definately a big plus!!
            80 XS1100SG
            81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Originally posted by JWSanders
              They dont list prices. Wonder how much they are?

I'm guessing pretty expensive. Sure look nice though. Shouldn't ever rust. You'd think they'd last forever. Definately a big plus!!
              You've got to email and ask, I think they just make these things up as they're ordered. I read the squib about pricing. Once they have a sample bike to fit it to you pay in full then they make the system. When they ship they weigh the package and charge the actual shipping cost. This outfit has been in business for a long time and has a good rep I'm told. I'm curious as to what US Customs duties might be.
              Shiny side up,
              650 Mike

Comment

if you email mike farnworth from the uk xs1100 web site he has a set for sale,dont know how much .

Comment

.. scoobes, what is the web address for xs11 in uk?. i cant find it to save my life

Comment

.. i have found it, you have shown me the way in a different thread http://www.xs1100.co.uk/index.php
                    groovy site, i like your hats.. thanx scoobes

Comment

I e-mailed them asking the price of this stainless system, as shown in those pictures, to replace the OEM 4-into-2.

Their response:

"We can build you a 4/2 stainless original replica exhaust for the XS 1100
                      price £550.00 pounds sterling

OVERSEAS ORDERS

All systems are built on bikes, therefore, the order procedure for overseas
                      is as follows:

1) You place the order
                      2) We locate a bike to build the system on.
                      3) When we have a similar bike in our factory you then pay for the system ,
                      by credit or debit card, Visa / Mastercard / Switch.
                      4) We then build your system.
                      5) We pack and post it to you.
                      6) We then charge your card again with the postage and insurance."

At today's currency exchange rate of 1 GBP = $1.767, that price equals $971.73 (plus S&H&I)

Wow!
                      Rick
                      '80 SG
                      '88 FXR
                      '66 Spitfire MK II

Comment

Ouch!
                        Shiny side up,
                        650 Mike

Comment

Discount

Think they would go for a volume discount. Like say 12 of us go together an placed one large order?
                          wingnut
                          81 SH (Daily Ride)
                          81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
                          81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
                          82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
                          81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

That actually sound like a reasonable deal (for UK prices) I paid £400 for a pair of custom made 2 into 1s, nothing special, the primary pipes just join in front of the engine. Silencers were extra!
                            Triking - it's a way of life!

www.trikenest.co.uk

Comment

Wow that makes me thankful for the stainless 4-1 system that was on my bike when i got it
                              '82 Xj1100j

"Ride for the Son"

< )) ><

John

Comment

Working...
                              X