Identify Carb Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify Carb Parts

While working on my carbs in the front room, as I was in the bathroom my pussycat decided to jump up on the table and help me. Anyone need a bow for a violin?

Anyhow, the brass plug that the carb needle goes into is missing, I know its somewhere in the house but pussycat won't tell me where he swatted it to.

I look at the parts fiche but am having trouble identifying that specific part. Is it the main jet? Am still a newbie when it comes to carbs (but learning).

Thanks

Jack
    82 XJ100J Gone
    83 XJ750 Seca

Jack, I think you need the "emulsion tube". I do have spare '78 and '79 carbs here. My beast died, so I can't make it back up to your place, and the "Daily Ride" is in parts, for a tranny fix. If you have any reason to get down my way, you can have what you need to get the carbs back together.
    Ray
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Jack, I was just thinking, it may be the main jet you cat played with. Send a PM or give me a call on the cell, 831-234-8721. I'll be outside working on a transmission.
      Ray
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Jack,

If you go to the link below at dansmc.com (great site for home mc mechanic, BTW) you will see an exploded view of a Mikuni BS11 carb.

Part #17 is the main jet, which looks like a small plug, with a little hole in it. Part #18 is the brass washer that goes with it.

Part #6 is the main nozzle, a.k.a. emulsion tube. It is a tube, about 2" long, into which the needle on the slide goes.

Hope this helps.

http://www.dansmc.com/carbs/Japanese...Yam_XS1100.htm
        Rick
        '80 SG
        '88 FXR
        '66 Spitfire MK II

Comment

"Mining for brass"

Rack and screen the cat's litter box carefully tomorrow. One never knows.
          "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Re: "Mining for brass"

Originally posted by prometheus578
            Rack and screen the cat's litter box carefully tomorrow. One never knows.
            I wouldn't even change my sons diaper, damned if I will "scoop poop"
            82 XJ100J Gone
            83 XJ750 Seca

Comment

Could send you what you want if I knew what it is, was? lol

Needle jet?

Main jet?

blind plug?
              "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

first thing....kill the cat.
                79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
                79 SF parts bike.

Comment

Working...
                X