exhaust leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust leak

I was reading one of the articles on carbs and someone described a problem of backfiring after closing the throttle down.
    He was given the advice of looking for leaks in carb boots vaccum lines and exhaust . I have the same problem and also mine still wont idle. Ive checked the boots and vaccum lines and they are fine. How do I check the exhaust???

If it won't idle then you need to balance your floats and sync your carbs first.

Comment

The carbs have been rebuilt and synched. I haven't checked the float level though

Comment

rebuilt and synched by who? If not you, then you have no idea what they did. Pretend it was never done.

See here for an example of a 'carb synch' by a dealer...

bad synch by dealer
        Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

Me and a friend of mine synched them but the guy who gave me the bike rebuilt them. I think I'm gonna pull them off and take a look to see what was done. Check the floats etc etc

Comment

Won't idle...

The idle screws can get their tips broken off in the passage that allows them to do their thing - if that has happened, you'd have a hard time getting the bike to idle. Or maybe just crud, there, or in other places.

Check out Idle Mixture Screw - Broken Tip Removal
            Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

Working...
            X