• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acquired 80LG today

Thanks to a tip from DriverRay I was able to get a 80LG today for $100.00

Probably not the best deal
    Bikes missing:
    ALL electrical components (except harnesses and rear turn signals)
    Rear caliper, rear brake lever, brake hoses, shift lever, as well as some other misc. parts. (seat is a mass of duck tape, pan looks OK)

Worst of all? I'll need to pull the head. Sounds feels/like its got #2 piston hitting a valve.

Got a cool looking gold filter box with "1100" emblem on it.
    Bikes all black with a little gold. Dunlop elites front/back (good shape) Tank has a couple dents I should be able to fix. Exhaust needs major work if salvageable.

So I'm happy.
    Now need to find another bike for parts!!!

mro
    80G (stock, except mirrors)
    80LG (project one one zero zero)

good find now i need to find some good deals to make me a midnight standard
    79 yamaha xs1100f standard
    best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Comment

I will have a lot of the misc parts you will need. just send me an e-mail with a list of needed items. I have a good pile of electrical parts and rear brake stuff,shift lever,rear brake lever etc. andreashweiss@yahoo.com also have a engine head disassembled ( cast alum was road rashed but internals were fine)

Comment

MRO
        I did get a LOT of spare electrical with my '78. Some of the parts will cross into your "new" machine. Let me know what you need as you start to get it together.
        Ray
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

hmm...

unless it's the bike you just picked up - there's a guy, Ray, selling a cheap parts LG in Fremont for $125.

-pdk
          Your Mileage May Vary

Comment

hmm...
            unless it's the bike you just picked up - there's a guy, Ray, selling a cheap parts LG in Fremont for $125.

-pdk

picked up bike in Menlo Park, title shows address in Morgan Hill

About the bike. Pulled off the head for a look see. Found a small screw sitting on top of #2 piston!!! No one has tried to crank it w/screw there, no damage at all. Carbs were off when I got it, but don't see any easy way for it to have gotten in there.

DiverRay
            Thanks agin.
            Bike needs just about every thing electrical. So when time permits I give you a jingle. Will be a little while before I actually will need any parts. Since I've pulled the head, think I will go "ahead" and pull the engine and fix this puppy up right the first time.

andreashweiss, should I manage to make any money this month I have already planned to email you( about half the stuff in the $30 box I could use.

Never put time table for my projects, start one and go crazy and finish right away, while others years later are still in need of attention.

Still waiting on carb parts for my 80G from MikesXS, need to check why so long, been over a week!

mro

Comment

Still waiting on carb parts for my 80G from MikesXS, need to check why so long, been over a week!
              .. the mail sucks around the hollidays, and its kind of far from the middle of fla to california.. 2 weeks might be fast for around this time of year

Comment

Originally posted by mro
                picked up bike in Menlo Park, title shows address in Morgan Hill
                yep - that's the one - lol! small world...
                Your Mileage May Vary

Comment

Working...
                X