Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midnight Special

Hey Guys,

I think I am going to pass on buying the MNS, I would rather fix my XJ. The MNS is in really good condition with only 2,3XX documented miles on it. It has a little surface rust on the head pipes. If any of you are interested let me know. He is trying to sell 2 bikes actually the MNS and a SH I believe with 30K on it. I have a few pics if any of you are interested. Its a good lookin bike that need a passionate owner like one of the list members.
    1980 XS850G
    1978 XS750SE>>>>>Sold
    1982 XJ1100 Maxim

this might sound stupid but what is a mns and a sh and is the mns a standard xs1100 and if it is how much and what does it look like and how much
    79 yamaha xs1100f standard
    best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Comment

MNS means Midnight Special, but that is not an actual model designation.

SH is the designation for an '81 Special. The Midnight trim did not come on any standard, only on the Specials in '80 and '81. More to the point, the LG in the '80 Midnight Special, and the LH is the '81 Midnight Special. There are some nice samples of Midnight Specials, as well as the other models, under the pictures link at the side of the page.

Here's a link to a shot of my LG - Black Ice
      Ken Talbot

Comment

Ken Talbot
        '81H Tsunami '80LG Black Ice

GREAT Picture
        Now I know what my 80LG should/could look like

mro

Comment

thank you and i think a all blacked out standard would have look sharp and to die for since the standards are what i like but oh well they never made one i might have to buy a midnight and another stadard and make a midnight standard

Comment

anymore info on the bikes for sale migth be interested

Comment

Working...
            X