Fuel Cock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Cock

I was just about to order 2 fuel cock seals(#1j7-24534-00-00) and 2 gasket flanges(1j7-24523-00-00)Yamaha part numbers. I went out and took a look at the fuel cocks on my bike and I noticed that the right side fuel cock was different from the left side. Both are stock, they came on the bike. So I went to partsnmore.com and looked for a rebuild kit. They have them for my bike,(#20-0025) $20.00 per kit. My question is does the kit work on both types of fuel cocks? And has anybody here used these kits before?
    Chris 79 XS11F With mods....!!!!!! 2005 FXST Harley Softail

Vacuum Diaphragm

Also while tracing down my fuel lines from the fuel cocks, I noticed I have no Vacuum Diaphragm on this bike. The bike seems to run just fine. I have too wonder if this year (1979 Standard) they didn't put one on. Or did someone take it off the bike before I bought it.

Comment

Standards have the diaphram in each petcock. Specials had the octopus or common diaphram.
      Pat Kelly
      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Bikeboy,
        The partsnmore kits work well. I just rebuilt the fuel petcocks on my '79 standard. The stock petcocks each have a vacum line from carbs 1 and 4 to shut down the fuel. As I just put them on yeterday evening, all I can say is so far, so good. I don't have any leaks, and the bike is running good.
        When you do pull down the petcocks, be carefull with the diaphram. There is a plastic spacer between two of the rubber diaphrams, and you DO NOT want to break it. I used a small flat blade screw driver the loosen the spacer. I also put a VERY THIN coating of synthetic grease on the "O" rings before assembly. It helps in getting things back together, and they work smoothly.
        Don't forget to clean the vent hole in the main body. There is a hole that matches in the plastic spacer. If this is pluged, you WILL have problems with the petcock. PM me if you have any questions.
        Ray
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Petcock rebuild kits

Thanks guys for the 411. Hey DriverRay, I couldn't find the kit you used,at the Partsnmore website. Are your sure that's where you got it.

Comment

Go to the carb section.

$20.00US /Kit
            Part#20-0025

Here is what I used. I do have a STANDARD xs1100F. This kit works for the stock, standard xs1100 ONLY. If you have a special, you will need a different kit.

Ray
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG
            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

petcock

Thanks again DiverRay. Hey listen, are the petcocks suppose to match? What I mean is that the one on the left side looks a little different than the one on the right side. I do think that they are the stock ones that came on the bike. I have the same bike that you have (79 XS11 Standard). Thanks again.

Comment

The petcocks should be mirror images of each other. The handle forward is reserve, down is run, and back is prime. I do not think that your petcocks are from another model, at least I know that the special petcocks DO NOT fit the standard tank and vice versa. Without much modifying, the only other cock that will fit is if you have two rights or two lefts.
                put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
                79 F (Blueballs)
                79 SF (Redbutt)
                81 LH (organ donor)
                79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
                76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
                rover has spoken

Comment

Working...
                X