kickstarter question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kickstarter question

My 78 XS11E came with a "emergency" kickstarter lever stashed behind the engine (as do all of them I believe). When my bike is hot it is hard to start with the electric, but starts just fine with one or two kicks. The problem is, the factory lever is rigid and has to be stashed away to ride the bike. Being an old timer, I actually prefer the kick over the button anyway.
    My question is, does anyone know if the splines on the kickstart shaft are a somewhat standard size and if a folding type lever off of another model (such as xs650, etc) may fit? What models should I look for?
    Thanks
    buffalo
    80 XS1100SG

Not sure what models to look for but FYI the kick starter came on 78 and 79's only, the 80 and up had a plug in place of the splined shaft, and no lever was attached to bike.
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

kicker

the kicker from an XS850 is a perfect match for the 1100. let me know if you need one
      - dan
      - thinker57@lycos.com
      - SF/H/E/HD "Stray Bullet"

Comment

Actually, Dan, I've been looking for a while. PM me or send me an email and we'll work it out.

Comment

Working...
        X