(very) cheap to a good home: my '79 F

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • gtem
    replied
    For anyone who was curious, the bike sold to a fella over on advrider for a bit more money than I was asking here. The guy is no stranger to vintage bikes and already has it on the road down in Arkansas. Perhaps he might show up on this forum sooner or later! I made sure he bought himself a copy of Bob Jones' book

    Leave a comment:


  • DiverRay
    replied
    The ONLY stupid question is the one you didn't ask! We all had to learn from each other, and we pass it down to keep these bikes running.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ccitis
    replied
    Originally posted by bremoit
    Picked up this bike over the weekend, it's now in Arkansas.

    Seems really well sorted and in excellent running condition. Kudos to the seller on his work getting this one in shape.

    Only had a short ride of about 20 miles but----really impressed.

    Had a 79 XS650 years ago and this is a totally different beast.

    Cheers!
    Right on! Looks to be a great bike. Welcome to the club. When you need help with stuff for the bike, this is the place to be. I have asked many stupid questions here over the years, and always get great info and answers.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    I have a garage full of XS650s, and yes, the XS11 is a completely different animal. I hope your new acquisition brings you years of joy!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3908.jpg Views:	0 Size:	238.9 KB ID:	886742 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2992.jpg Views:	0 Size:	203.9 KB ID:	886743

    Leave a comment:


  • cajun31
    replied
    Welcome to the forum. You got a nice bike and a very good deal.

    Leave a comment:


  • bremoit
    replied
    Picked up this bike over the weekend, it's now in Arkansas.

    Seems really well sorted and in excellent running condition. Kudos to the seller on his work getting this one in shape.

    Only had a short ride of about 20 miles but----really impressed.

    Had a 79 XS650 years ago and this is a totally different beast.

    Cheers!

    Leave a comment:


  • Pdub
    replied
    If anyones is interested in buying a 78 xs11 around oklahoma check the post out on my profile

    Leave a comment:


  • mason79
    replied
    Originally posted by Ccitis

    Funny, I was going to recommend this bike to you....
    told me he got a deposit on it, so back to the start

    Leave a comment:


  • Ccitis
    replied
    Originally posted by mason79
    let's make a deal, i'll pay for shipping
    Funny, I was going to recommend this bike to you....

    Leave a comment:


  • mason79
    replied
    let's make a deal, i'll pay for shipping

    Leave a comment:


  • Ccitis
    replied
    If I was close to you I would take it.... alas we are thousands of miles apart. Good luck.

    Leave a comment:


  • cajun31
    replied
    The same reason that many don't like Harleys. Pressed cranks. First thing that most Harley owners do when doing performance upgrades is to send the crank out to have it balanced, plugged and welded.

    Leave a comment:


  • DiverRay
    replied
    Having helped a friend repair the crank on one of those, I'll pass! They have a pressed together crank, and they can and will "spin", causing engine damage.

    Leave a comment:


  • jkorn
    replied
    You guys see this…. Had one until it was stolen

    Bid for the chance to own a Original-Owner 1976 Kawasaki KZ900 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #215,496.

    Leave a comment:


  • Socer4m
    replied
    Any Luck with the sale? Also hope a xs member picks it up, these clean ones are getting rare. Kind of sad to see so many bikers just go the new route versus keeping the classics alive. I guess part of it is a lot of the younger crowd do not have the skills, knowledge to keep these xs classics going even though they are pretty indestructible once maintained right. ANyway, hope the sale goes well,,keep us informed,,,Mike in S.Diego and Pa.

    Leave a comment:

Working...