Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the front brake line attached to the fork?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is the front brake line attached to the fork?

See the attached image. The retainer clip on the brake line has a M6 hole in it, the fender attaches to the forks with an M8 bolt. Am I missing a little bracket or something?

Am I missing a little bracket or something?

Yup...Methimks you are. (O_o)

In the area outlined in red-

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6124.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	246.9 KB
ID:	880636

Here's what I've got in that area. It's a metal tab angled 90 degrees with a threaded "nut" fixed in it. (^_^)

Had to use a mirror to get the camera angle right and provide better lighting. (O_O)

Name:	IMG_20240706_134932474.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	880637

Looks "backwurdz" in the mirror but this is the same right fork lower as yours.

Dunno how it's affixed to the inside of the fender tho. (O_o)7

Comment

Oh boy.... that's gonna be a fun piece to find...

Comment

I'LL BE! I dug around in the bag of random XS1100 bolts/brackets I got off eBay and with the help of your picture I found what I need! For anyone finding this in the future, this bracket is what holds the brake line to the fender/fork. The metal stamping holds the bracket steady inside the stamping of the fender.

Comment

Looks like you got that front wheel on somehow. what was the trick?
          Bob's Bikes:
          79SF, Military theme bike is now for sale.

Bob's websites:
          https://projectxs11.wordpress.com
          https://rucksackgrunt.com

Bob's Books:
          "
          Project XS11"
          "Rucksack Grunt"
          "Jean's Heroic Journey"

Bob's Parts:
          For Sale Here.

Comment

GoOoOoOoOoOoAL!!! \(^_^)/

Cool that fishin' round in the parts box(es) all we owners gots actually finds sumthin' useful, eh? (´◡`)

Carry on Mr. GreyBeast. Progress is progress.... ( ‾́ ◡ ‾́ )

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger_xs1100 View Post
              Looks like you got that front wheel on somehow. what was the trick?
              The forks are bent, just enough that I couldn't tell with a straight edge but it showed up with a mic. I made marks on the forks where they were the furthest 'apart' and installed em that way, that let me get the front on. I've called Franks Forks a couple times but haven't been able to get hold of him. I'm hoping he'll make me some new tubes for it... he doesn't list the XS1100 on his website but I'm still holding out hope!

Comment

Old Grey Beast: Are you kidding me? Don't worry about it! If you couldn't tell with a straight edge...
                Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGreyBeast View Post

The forks are bent, just enough that I couldn't tell with a straight edge but it showed up with a mic. I made marks on the forks where they were the furthest 'apart' and installed em that way, that let me get the front on. I've called Franks Forks a couple times but haven't been able to get hold of him. I'm hoping he'll make me some new tubes for it... he doesn't list the XS1100 on his website but I'm still holding out hope!
                  Thamks! (^_^)

I wuz wundering how you did it too. (ー_ーゞ

Above explanation of how you did it s o u n d s believable/do-able. (¯―¯ ٥)

But iffin you got-er-done by straddling the forks and squeezin'em together like Suzzane Somers onna Thighmaster? (  ゚ ,_ゝ゚)

Name:	thigh_beast.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	880647

I'm good wit that too. ヾ(^∇^)

Comment

Originally posted by skids View Post
                    Old Grey Beast: Are you kidding me? Don't worry about it! If you couldn't tell with a straight edge...
                    I agree, you won't feel that.

Comment

Working...
                    X