No announcement yet.

Rear wheel bearing 1978 xs110 standard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wheel bearing 1978 xs110 standard.

Anyone know of a supplier where I can purchase new rear wheel bearings and seals for a 1978 xs1100 standard? Thank you!
    80 XS1110 SG, RD400

You're going to want one of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/126234767431

And one of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/165153839028

The wide needle type bearing that I bought from that vendor has been on mine about 10k miles with no problem. The second one is from a different vendor but the part number matches a cross reference.
    1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Thank you Lab3 for the prompt reply. Ordered both of those. Now I just need to search for the seals. I appreciate your help! Also does that needle bearing need to be greased before install? Thank you!
      Last edited by e30 gangsta; 04-17-2024, 09:44 AM.
      80 XS1110 SG, RD400

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
        Thank you Lab3 for the prompt reply. Ordered both of those. Now I just need to search for the seals. I appreciate your help! Also does that needle bearing need to be greased before install? Thank you!

Yamaha OIL SEAL 93102-25360-00 for sale | eBay

Yamaha SEAL, HUB DUST 1J7-25319-02-00 for sale | eBay

Yes you need to grease that bearing prior to installation. The other is sealed.

2 - 80 LGs bought one new
        81 LH
        02 FXSTB Nighttrain
        22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
        Jim

Comment

Thank you again so much! How did you find the part numbers so quickly? Do you have access to an online parts fische?
          80 XS1110 SG, RD400

Comment

Just bought and replaced mine last summer so they where already on my eBay account page. If you use the partzilla.com website you can look at the parts fische, just click on the part number below the picture and it'll show the cross reference to other models. Keep in mind that there's some parts that are also used on power sports and marine applications so if you needed something fast and have a power sports place or marina nearby you might be able to get something there in stock. I live full time on my bike and often get lucky on some things that way, just be sure to have the part number handy when you ask.
            1980 XS1100G

Comment

LAB3,

Living full time on a bike is amazing! Living full time on a damn near 50 year old bike is insane!!!! I salute you! 😎

Comment

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ya...e/1978/xs1100e

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Dave View Post
                  LAB3,

Living full time on a bike is amazing! Living full time on a damn near 50 year old bike is insane!!!! I salute you! 😎
                  Get to know your bike from front to back and you too can have the confidence to pull it off!
                  1980 XS1100G

Comment

Working...
                  X