Engine Guards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Guards

Anyone know who makes them still? Anyone have a nice used set for sale? Also need a left footpeg for an '80G. Thanks!

Engine Guards

I assume you've tried the obvious possibles, J.C. Whitney, Dennis Kirk, e-bay, etc.

Comment

Basically u need a guy, who can bend metal poles, a guy who would weld them and another one for the chrome...

I think I'm gonna replace mine during the winter, but the left one is a bit dented/schratched. It isn't bent. It aint pretty, but it still does its job. If you should be still interested I could send them to you... but no promises when.
      But I doubt it's worth the postage...

LP
      If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
      (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Jay,
        Try E-bay first they do show up there often. I myself bought some from there a few months ago. (Make sure it fits YOUR bike ex: special or standard)

If no luck there then try Bob Jones, owner of Merriam Cycles. He has alot of XS stuff, NOS or can help you find it.
        Just go the his web site Merriam Cycles (www.xseleven.com) And check out the "Accesories" section, he has two types of guards there. Then go to the contact us page and send Bob an email if you have questions. He will get back to you pretty quick and he is very helpful.
        Hope this helps.
        [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
        [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
        The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Thanks for the tips! you guys rock.

Comment

Hi
            I'm in the process of compiling a list of what's available for the XS I saw at the Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse (MAW) a 3 Point Case Guard made by MC Enterprises. Fits:78-81 all.(#25239)
            $79.95 - available from http://www.accwhse.com/XXS1100.HTM
            Mike Farnworth
            XS1100 E & XS1100 Sport Project

Comment

$69.00 From Zanotti's, The Three Point went on my XJ just great.

Rick Wood
              XJ1100 (Construction Complete)(SOLD)
              Northern Michigan

Comment

was a nice set on ebay recently for $40... no one bought them, which surprised me.
                - dan
                - thinker57@lycos.com
                - SF/H/E/HD "Stray Bullet"

Comment

Working...
                X