Found a source for replacement electrical connectors - yambits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a source for replacement electrical connectors - yambits

I was hunting for the 6-way round pin connector used in a couple of places in the wiring harness to make some adapters for my bike and after a ton of hunting around found this site.

https://yambits.co.uk/wiring-accesso...1173_1185.html

Figured some of you guys may find this useful as well.

Stay local and go with Tony! He's been a member for quite a while. http://www.oregonmotorcycleparts.com/connectors.html Do look at the site, as he builds and sells a VERY good reg/rec for most older bikes.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

He looks to have the bladed connectors but not the round pins (unless I'm missing something). Those round pinned connectors are what I had a hard time finding a source for.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGreyBeast View Post
        He looks to have the bladed connectors but not the round pins (unless I'm missing something). Those round pinned connectors are what I had a hard time finding a source for.
        contact Tony on his page and he can quickly tell you if he has what you are looking for. His handle on this forum is Geezer. You might want to PM him. I have done quite a bit of business with yambits over the years. The only drawback to them is the shipping costs. I generally make a large order with them covering everything I think I am going to need plus extras to justify the cost of shipping. Their parts are top quality though.
        2 - 80 LGs bought one new
        81 LH
        02 FXSTB Nighttrain
        22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
        Jim

Comment

If you send him a check, in the mail, it helps keep his and your cost down. Yes, I also ordered a few extra bits when I purchased connector parts. I'm putting in an order today for two new Reg/Recs from him. Had one in a bike I have since sold, and I miss how well it works!
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG

Comment

Nice stuff.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Opera Snapshot_2024-03-21_154251_www.oregonmotorcycleparts.com.png
Views:	70
Size:	528.2 KB
ID:	878518

Comment

I have one of Tony's reg/rec on my 80 SG and it's a work of art. I also bought some connectors and the tool to crimp the pins on his site.
              1980 XS1100 SG
              Inline fuel filters
              New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
              160 mph speedometer mod
              Kerker Exhaust
              xschop K & N air filter setup
              Dynojet Recalibration kit
              1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
              1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

I talked with Tony last night. He is going to build my two reg/rec's. I forgot to ask him about the connectors, as he called when I was at work and I could not talk that long. He did say he still has XS1100 parts, so if you need something do send an email. He is located on the Oregon Coast, about in the center between California and Washington.
                Ray Matteis
                KE6NHG

Comment

Working...
                X