New XS coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New XS coming

I'm excited to announce the addition of one more XS1100 to my stable, plus a Valkyrie, soon. I'm picking the '80 Standard up soon, along with the '00 Valkyrie Interstate. I was unsuccessful in finding a mint Venturer, so settled on a decent bagger. The Valk is something I've been serious about over the last year, and I'm finally getting around to deciding on one—pics to follow when they come home.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
    I'm excited to announce the addition of one more XS1100 to my stable, plus a Valkyrie, soon. I'm picking the '80 Standard up soon, along with the '00 Valkyrie Interstate. I was unsuccessful in finding a mint Venturer, so settled on a decent bagger. The Valk is something I've been serious about over the last year, and I'm finally getting around to deciding on one—pics to follow when they come home.
    That's the nice thing about were you're at, a good supply of older bikes around. It was the best part of living in Burton for me the couple of years I was there albeit the ONLY good part.
    1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Couldn't decide between the XS and the Valk, so you did the only thing that made sense? (Got both of them!)
      -Mike
      _________
      '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
      '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
      '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
      '79 XS750SF 17k miles
      '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
      '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
      '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Originally posted by Radioguylogs View Post
        Couldn't decide between the XS and the Valk, so you did the only thing that made sense? (Got both of them!)
        I knew I'd kick myself for now buying the XS. You can't easily find, unmolested Standards, let alone Standard baggers.

The Valk has been on my buy list, passing on a V65 Sabre.
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

The Valk has been on my buy list, passing on a V65 Sabre.
          That's another bike I'd consider without a doubt.

1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post

That's another bike I'd consider without a doubt.
            Me too. I love my Magna.
            -Mike
            _________
            '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
            '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
            '79 XS750SF 17k miles
            '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Comment

Me too. I love my Magna.
              If you had to choose between the Vmax and the Magna, which would it be?
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post

If you had to choose between the Vmax and the Magna, which would it be?
                I would choose the Magna.

It's not quite as fast as the Vmax, but it somehow fits me like a glove....like it knows what I want to do, it does it willingly, and offers to do more. It seems lighter and nimble compared to my other bikes, except the Triple.

The Vmax is a rocket when you ride it hard, and I love it also. All the magazine articles in the day say the Vmax doesn't handle well, but I have certainly enjoyed the times I took it to VYR.
                Last edited by Radioguylogs; 02-18-2024, 08:36 PM.
                -Mike
                _________
                '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Comment

Me too. I love my Magna.
                  I have the lead on a decent Sabre, if either of you are interested.
                  1979 XS1100F

Comment

I have the lead on a decent Sabre, if either of you are interested.
                    I'm interested, if it's cheap, but not rusty.

Fixin' 'em up is almost as much fun as riding 'em.
                    -Mike
                    _________
                    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Comment

Hey Mike, there is nothing "funner" than removing or installing V4 carbs in a mid 80's Sabre/Magna/Interceptor. Especially with the old rubber manifolds.

Comment

Originally posted by DEEBS11 View Post
                        Hey Mike, there is nothing "funner" than removing or installing V4 carbs in a mid 80's Sabre/Magna/Interceptor. Especially with the old rubber manifolds.
                        It was one of the reasons I passed on the Sabre V65. I just did not have any interest in familiarizing myself with that engine. I'll be happy to wrench on the Valk.
                        1979 XS1100F

Comment

Originally posted by DEEBS11 View Post
                          No kidding!!!!!

Makes the XS11 seem like a cakewalk.

Another think I don't like about working on the Hondas are stupid plastic parts that have to contorted and broken to service things. (Ignition coil tray, airbox fins. etc).

-Mike
                          _________
                          '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                          '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                          '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                          '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Comment

Countdown: One week from today, I will have another XS1100 in my garage, along with a parts bike.
                            1979 XS1100F

Comment

Omw back to Michigan with an '80 full bagger, and a '78E.
                              1979 XS1100F

Comment

Working...
                              X