No announcement yet.

78 xs 11 carbs. Defective fuel T’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. Carbs are off the rail. Couple of the bolts fought hard. I used an impact wrench on them. I soaked them all for a couple of days with wd40. One stripped the head. Dremelled in a slot for a slotted screw driver, and more days of wd. Finally came out slowly with a slotted bit on a socket wrench. One broke off. Bolt Easy out with Lots of wd.

So I’m seeing gas tees for sale but not the vacuum ones. They are both one piece. The o rings are built in so the Tees need to be replaced.

Anyone have a source for the vacuum tees?? Jeff
    Jeff Korn
    Original Owner 79XS1100 E
    Yamaha Warrior has come and gone

Comment

Jkorn this will work for you much better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	879175

Comment

Originally posted by jkorn View Post
        Ok. Carbs are off the rail. Couple of the bolts fought hard. I used an impact wrench on them. I soaked them all for a couple of days with wd40. One stripped the head. Dremelled in a slot for a slotted screw driver, and more days of wd. Finally came out slowly with a slotted bit on a socket wrench. One broke off. Bolt Easy out with Lots of wd.

So I’m seeing gas tees for sale but not the vacuum ones. They are both one piece. The o rings are built in so the Tees need to be replaced.

Anyone have a source for the vacuum tees?? Jeff
        Jeff, go back and read my post #5 in this thread. I have updated it for you. It shows listings for both sets of T's you need. Search Ebay for the part numbers listed. I included two listings identifying both sets of T's so you can see the difference.
        2 - 80 LGs bought one new
        81 LH
        02 FXSTB Nighttrain
        22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
        Jim

Comment

Cajun31. Hey thanks I missed the link to the vacuum tees. I've ordered them.

Bought new bolts with hex heads and will be using antiseeze on them for the rail. New fuel and vacuum lines. Rebuilding the fuel petcocks on the tank. So fuel supply system should be good to go. I know the carbs are spot on, but I'll check synch on them again once they are back on the bike.

Local Napa store has 5/16 fuel and vacuum hoses...

On a side note, the fuel tees, when I place them back in one of the carbs, they are very loose. I guess not surprising considering they are almost 45 years old....

Jeff
          Jeff Korn
          Original Owner 79XS1100 E
          Yamaha Warrior has come and gone

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Opera Snapshot_2024-04-23_145655_www.ebay.com.png
Views:	28
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	879208

Comment

Working...