What are we lookin' at here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are we lookin' at here?

Was looking around on eBay thinking I'd pick up a few oil filters so I wouldn't have to run to them down and pay premium prices out on the road and came across this, more than once at that! The first one I saw kinda threw me for a loop and I wrote it off as a mistake then another popped up. What exactly am I looking at here? Heck I thought our bikes all used the same filter and housing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334805244944
    1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

You are looking at XS1100 parts, and a seller that does NOT know much about the bike. They all look like they are off the XS1100, but some are miss-labeled as to what they are. I picked up a four pack of oil filters a few months ago, but don't remember the ebay seller. I can look it up if you need me to, as the filters were a name brand and they are working well.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
      I can look it up if you need me to, as the filters were a name brand and they are working well.
      Found a seller offering three K&N kn146's with the orings for $21 delivered, that's pretty hard to beat. Also if someone wanted to there's an ad for 16 "generic" looking ones for $54 delivered, don't have the room to carry that many!

1980 XS1100G

Comment

Apparently I was mistaken on the oil filters, they're Yamaha branded with K&N kn146 cross reference matched to it. For $7ea delivered or less if you buy more than one the rest of us might wanna look it over. I've been getting them at major chain auto parts stores for anywhere between $10-16 depending on where I'm at, just pulled the trigger for four of them at that price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295588535724
        1980 XS1100G

Comment

Working...
        X