Now it turns over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now it turns over

Well now if fires up???... I replaced the ignition swith and the start button controls and nothing.. it still would'nt turn over, I messed with plugin connectors for a couple of days then I just quit, then today I go out there and just for the heck of it turned it on and hit the start button and it turned over..go figure!
    it's definitly a loose connection some where, I was thinking maybe some of my conectors are not making contact is there a light grease you can use on the conectors to make better contact?
    I don't want to be a few miles from home and have it shut off on me again. Anyone?
    Thanks
    Dean
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their
    shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away
    and you have their shoes.

yes you can us ligth grease but it sounds like maybe one of your wires might be getting hot and losing connection and when it cools off it makes connection again
    79 yamaha xs1100f standard
    best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Comment

Hi, I don't believe thats it its been cooled down now for a couple of weeks and I just now got it to turn over.
      I guess I'll clean my connectors and grease them
      Thanks
      Dean

Comment

Use Dielectric grease, its made for electrical connections, you can buy it at any auto parts store.

It also works great for brake caliper pins, it is water proof and doesnt break down and get hard like regular grease does.

We used it at the Ford dealership, in fact Ford makes there own tube-but any brand will do.
        '82 Xj1100j

"Ride for the Son"

< )) ><

John

Comment

Dean, this thing here can dodgy and play up for no reason. Cranks thru sometimes, then won't other times. I swapped on a spare one, and starting troubles were over

Comment

Originally posted by pggg
            Dean, this thing here can dodgy and play up for no reason. Cranks thru sometimes, then won't other times. I swapped on a spare one, and starting troubles were over
            Thanks Man, I'll keep a spare on hand.
            Dean

Comment

Working...
            X