Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha XS1100 Carburetor Kit | twin Mikuni VM36 carb kit from "Murry's carbs.com"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha XS1100 Carburetor Kit | twin Mikuni VM36 carb kit from "Murry's carbs.com"

Has any member bought/installed this kit on their bike? I would appreciate some feedback and suggestions on this topic, please.

I have. i enjoy the simplicity of them and sound. i just took a 300 ish trip with no issues at all. only think i don't like about them is the location of the choke. also FREE CARB CLEANING thru him when you buy a set. which is nice in the winter.
    _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
    1980 gs1000g "stock"
    1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
    2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

Comment

tHANK YOU, Lee!
      I was wondering if anyone else thought running 2 instead of four carbs were better than running a non-perfectly synced quad set-up. It seems like the ethanol-blended fuel available nowadays eats up the diaphragms faster and faster every year,
      Tim

Comment

Yes, ethanol IS bad for our bikes. What I like about Idaho is ethanol free gas, both regular and premium, is available. I use it in the bike and my small engine power equipment.
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I personally hated them. Switched to rs36 mikunis and never looked back.
          80 XS1110 SG, RD400

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
            I personally hated them. Switched to rs36 mikunis and never looked back.
            New to the forum, same experience. What did you do with your vacuum advance when switching to the rs36s?

Comment

Working...
            X