Source of pipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source of pipes?

Has anyone on here ordered from these folks? Are the pipes legit? Delkevic US Full Exhaust Systems | Yamaha | 1980
    2 - 80 LGs bought one new
    81 LH
    02 FXSTB Nighttrain
    22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
    Jim

Yes Cajun31, I have a set for a KZ1000 that I purchased through eBay. High quality. The XS11 exhaust only seems available on their web site at the moment and not on eBay. There is also a stainless pipe available from Predator in the UK as seen here:

https://predatormotorsport.co.uk/yam...ad-in-s-steel/

Comment

When I was looking at a full exhaust system for my ZRX 1100 I saw them and Black Widow. Black Widow has really beautiful welding and finish. The Delkevic had some reviews that said people didn't like the quality, and the welds were not as nice. That being said glad to find a company that is making exhausts for these bikes after all these years.
      1980 XS1100 SG
      Inline fuel filters
      New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
      160 mph speedometer mod
      Kerker Exhaust
      xschop K & N air filter setup
      Dynojet Recalibration kit
      1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
      1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Seem to remember from previous discussions there might be some ground clearance issues with the Delkevic product. Not that I'm doing a lot of riding in the dirt but I'd probably have those beauties dinged up inside a week.
        1980 XS1100G (one owner-me)
        1983 Kawasaki GPZ750 (Frankenbike)
        Owned - 1976 XS750D
        Owned - 1972 Honda CB750
        Owned - (unknown year) XS650
        (+ too many Yammies/Hondas to mention)

Comment

Originally posted by LenB View Post
          Seem to remember from previous discussions there might be some ground clearance issues with the Delkevic product. Not that I'm doing a lot of riding in the dirt but I'd probably have those beauties dinged up inside a week.
          Ground clearance, lose the center stand and need to remove the exhaust to change the oil filter!
          1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

I like these MACs. You can still used the center stand and change the filter. Unfortunately MAC is out of business. They were decent cheap exhausts. They don't like salt from the road.

Comment

Originally posted by DEEBS11 View Post
              I like these MACs. You can still used the center stand and change the filter. Unfortunately MAC is out of business. They were decent cheap exhausts. They don't like salt from the road.
              Four into two is the way to go! Is there a cross over with that system?
              1980 XS1100G

Comment

No cross over LAB3. Easy to take on and off if needed. Not too loud either. I see used ones from time to time. If they are rusty I sandblast them and prime and paint with VHT. Primer is important or they rust pretty easy down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post

Ground clearance, lose the center stand and need to remove the exhaust to change the oil filter!
                  From the discussion on Facebook someone that owned them stated that you did not lose the center stand. Could be wrong I suppose. Same thing was said about the Kerker 4 into 1. I had that set and never lost the use of the center stand nor did I have to drop the exhaust to change the oil. Mind you changing the oil was a messy endeavor because it was a very close fit. I would get the bike hot then drain the oil, start the bike for a short time to suck most of the oil out of the oil filter housing. Then let the motor and pipes to cool down enough to change the filter element.
                  2 - 80 LGs bought one new
                  81 LH
                  02 FXSTB Nighttrain
                  22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
                  Jim

Comment

Originally posted by cajun31 View Post

From the discussion on Facebook someone that owned them stated that you did not lose the center stand. Could be wrong I suppose. Same thing was said about the Kerker 4 into 1. I had that set and never lost the use of the center stand nor did I have to drop the exhaust to change the oil. Mind you changing the oil was a messy endeavor because it was a very close fit. I would get the bike hot then drain the oil, start the bike for a short time to suck most of the oil out of the oil filter housing. Then let the motor and pipes to cool down enough to change the filter element.
                    Good to know, thanks for clarifying!
                    1980 XS1100G

Comment

I know it's not the same thing, but I have a Jardine 4 into 1 on my Special. I have a centerstand and oil changes do not require disturbing the exhaust. With a sacked suspension the collector can contact the pavement in hard corners. This was corrected with replacement of springs and shocks. I suspect the Delkevic is similar. It's all we have.
                      Marty (in Mississippi)
                      XS1100SG
                      XS650SK
                      XS650SH
                      XS650G
                      XS6502F
                      XS650E

Comment

Working...
                      X