carb part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb part

On my 80 SG on the carbs- there is the bracket on #3 carb that the throttle cable goes into. On the #2 carb there is also a bracket. It has a threaded hole- what is that for? Got rid of stock airbox back in the late 80's.
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Inline fuel filters
    New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
    160 mph speedometer mod
    Kerker Exhaust
    xschop K & N air filter setup
    Dynojet Recalibration kit
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

The octy mounts there.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I got rid of that years ago. I guess I can remove the bracket then. Thanks BA80!
      Last edited by oldyam80sg; 02-11-2023, 06:06 PM.
      1980 XS1100 SG
      Inline fuel filters
      160 mph speedometer mod
      Kerker Exhaust
      1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Comment

Originally posted by oldyam80sg View Post
        I got rid of that years ago. I guess I can remove the bracket then. Thanks BA80!
        I don't recall for certain because I run early carbs on mine but I think you will have to find another stiffener to mount between those 2 carbs so they will hold a sync..
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I can keep the bracket on it- not it my way. I just bought some JIS screws and this is the last carb top left to clean.
          1980 XS1100 SG
          Inline fuel filters
          160 mph speedometer mod
          Kerker Exhaust
          1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Comment

The early carbs have stiffeners between them all, they will fit the later ones too. I had to eliminate that bracket on my 79 carbs too.
            Last edited by BA80; 02-11-2023, 06:31 PM.
            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Come to think of it the late carbs don't have stiffeners on the top, they have a bar front and rear to do that job. Chuck it.
              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Good to know-thanks
                1980 XS1100 SG
                Inline fuel filters
                160 mph speedometer mod
                Kerker Exhaust
                1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100