carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbs

Can get some ZRX carbs for my 80 SG. Who is running them on here? Any issues?
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Inline fuel filters
    New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
    160 mph speedometer mod
    Kerker Exhaust
    xschop K & N air filter setup
    Dynojet Recalibration kit
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Messaged Bonz and he gave me some advice. Maybe going with different carb mod but NO -my stock XS 1100 SG carbs are not for sale.
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Inline fuel filters
    160 mph speedometer mod
    Kerker Exhaust
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Comment

I've run them on & off. Off right now. No reason. You have to come up with a way to connect the throttle cable. They are a little shorter than the xs carbs so taking them on & off is a little easier. There is no #2 port for the vacuum advance but one could be added fairly easy. I still got the same mpg. Nothing against them. They are just a newer model but they are getting old too. Seems like I've heard that before. lol.
      79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
      79 SF parts bike.

Comment

Having a ZRX1100 I kind of figured out that there are mods needed for the choke and throttle cables to work on the XS1100. Not plug and play as it would seem. My XS1100 and ZRX 1100 are both sitting covered in a locked storage unit maybe 1/2 mile from my apartment that I pass by everyday. Parts are not cheap as I looked on partszilla alone and1 single float is $50.00. Then you must play with jetting and the vacuum advance. If no gain in mpg or power I wonder how much more better these would work.
        1980 XS1100 SG
        Inline fuel filters
        160 mph speedometer mod
        Kerker Exhaust
        1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Comment

I had them on my 79SF. Played around with all sorts of workarounds to make the vacuum advance work. Throttle cable involved some shortening of the outer sleeve and crimping on a pull stud. I didn't pursue changing to a push-pull setup. I was 20 years younger then and had lots of enthusiasm and energy for mods that ultimately provided very little payoff in real performance. Lots of messing around with bigger jets etc. When I got my current 79 Standard, I used all that early experience to clean and tune the stock carbs to be the best they could be. I'm still on the stock mufflers although they needed some major welding and patching recently to handle the rust and rot. Bike runs great when its tuned as stock: timing and valves set, compression in order , strong battery, clean electrical connections. I did install Accel coils and lose the resistor. Otherwise, bone stock. I've stopped second-guessing the original engineering in my other bikes too. Getting older, I guess. makes owning a survivor bike more appealing. Matches the rider better.

Comment

Have you searched XS11.com? Here's another thread for you... vacuum advance in ZRX carbs.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...t=Drill+vacuum
            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

I have a set of zrx carbs that I never ended up using. comes complete with no jets if anyone is interested. No jets because the stock zrx carbs jets have to be changed anyways.
              80 XS1110 SG, RD400

Comment

Working...
              X