No announcement yet.

1979 vs 1980

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without the leading 1, it's an early '78. My first XS1100 I assembled from the crate in Sept. of '77, and it was 00254 IIRC. Some states forced the year as year sold, not model year. If the bike "missed a boat", and was sold in '79, it would be a '79. If first sold in '77, as mine was, it would be a '77 in that state.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
      Without the leading 1, it's an early '78. My first XS1100 I assembled from the crate in Sept. of '77, and it was 00254 IIRC. Some states forced the year as year sold, not model year. If the bike "missed a boat", and was sold in '79, it would be a '79. If first sold in '77, as mine was, it would be a '77 in that state.

interestin, thank you Ray. So, going by the Vin I see they don’t list a 78 in Canada, so I assume this would be an xs1100e and not an F? Guy said it was his grandfathers and last registration was in 98. He removed the front end and put a R6 front on it. I removed that and put the triple tree and front off the SG on it. For now anyway and starting to piece it back together so be nice to confirm what I actually have 🙂

Comment

Working...
      X