End of this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of this season

So I rode my 80 SG until recently then we had some rainy weekends and other things came up. Knee issues and now have some conflicting reports of blood in my urine. Have to go get a CT scan next week to see what the issue is. Finally last weekend Saturday it rained, Sunday was clear, but cold (42 degrees). Decided to take the bike to my storage unit as it has been in my Moms garage since February. Let the bike warm up, and rode the 6 miles to my storage unit. This week I started the bike and ran it until it died from lack of fuel. Today, I removed the battery and carbs. I will put battery on maintainer and clean the carbs so it will be ready for next season.
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Inline fuel filters
    New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
    160 mph speedometer mod
    Kerker Exhaust
    xschop K & N air filter setup
    Dynojet Recalibration kit
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

A couple of weeks ago I put on a new rear tire, cleaned my air filter and did an oil change. This weekend I put a fresh set of plugs and caps in and checked my valve clearances, more about resealing the valve cover than the valves themselves. With a solid week of 80 degree days and nights in the mid 50's there ain't no end of the season for me!

1980 XS1100G

I identify as a man but according to the label on a package of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four!

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
      A couple of weeks ago I put on a new rear tire, cleaned my air filter and did an oil change. This weekend I put a fresh set of plugs and caps in and checked my valve clearances, more about resealing the valve cover than the valves themselves. With a solid week of 80 degree days and nights in the mid 50's there ain't no end of the season for me!
      ok for some we've got 0.0C (32F) here in the UK with parts with snow, need to get mine out on the road to do more tuning but not risking it

Comment

I wore multiple jackets to help with the cold. Surprisingly my hands were not cold. They put that salt brine on the roads, and I see what it does to cars, I could just imagine what it would do to a motorcycle .I will put a cover on the bike this week.
        1980 XS1100 SG
        Inline fuel filters
        New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
        160 mph speedometer mod
        Kerker Exhaust
        xschop K & N air filter setup
        Dynojet Recalibration kit
        1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
        1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Wow, look at that old Vetter trunk. Haven’t seen one of them for years. Finally found a shop that could charge out defective tube on rear tire. Fired up the bike after having it sit for MONTHS. Took some time to burn off the oil in the cylinders from weeping valve guides. Stable in fuel has saved the carbs. Looking forward to winter here in Arizona and some rides during the pleasant weather.
          Jeff Korn
          Original Owner 79XS1100 E
          Yamaha Warrior has come and gone

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	6C145909-AEB1-4766-9A80-96824FCBF418.jpeg
Views:	131
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	871483 Click image for larger version

Name:	146546EA-7418-40C4-9638-0C5B9591C8F1.jpeg
Views:	204
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	871484

Winter means a warmer jacket and eating far fewer bugs.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Working...
            X