Midnight Special Gold Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midnight Special Gold Paint

Good Morning. I am trying to come close to the Gold wheel color on the Midnight Special. Does any one have an idea of a rattle can spray that might work. I am sure this has been asked before, but I did a search and couldn't come up with anything specific. Thanks for your time. Tom
    Tom

It's been said before that it's Nebura Gold. I've tried to have my engine guards powder coated to match without much success. However I found just the standard gold spray paint at my local Ace hardware was as close as I could get. The first pic is before I made them re-do it, the second pic is how it ended up. Better, but still not perfect.
    Attached Files
    1981 Midnight Special
    Formerly had a Seca 550 and boy was it fast!!

Comment

Originally posted by normalthom View Post
      It's been said before that it's Nebura Gold. I've tried to have my engine guards powder coated to match without much success. However I found just the standard gold spray paint at my local Ace hardware was as close as I could get. The first pic is before I made them re-do it, the second pic is how it ended up. Better, but still not perfect.
      the original paint was actually nebula gold. I got tired of trying to find a source for it and finally went to the auto paint store with my wheel in hand and matched it with a color they had. They turned out quite close to the original color. It was not a rattle can approach. I actually sprayed it and sealed it with a satin finish clear coat. They are holding up well and look very close to oem.
      2 - 80 LGs bought one new
      81 LH
      02 FXSTB Nighttrain
      22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
      Jim

Comment

Thanks for your posts. After the first post, I punched Nebula gold into the Amazon site. It came up with something that looked ok but when I received it, it wasn't even gold paint..Then I saw the second post and I think I will just run over to the auto paint store and get what was suggested. It doesn't have to be perfect, I am just restoring a few 1100.s and like the gold accents in some areas. Thanks again for your help. This site always comes through for me. Tom
        Tom

Comment

Working...
        X