$1100 Exhaust System on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1100 Exhaust System on Ebay

Unbelievable what some guys will pay for stuff. Check out this OEM exhaust system on Ebay:

Item #4585520216

Wow. Hat's off to westriverex. Guess he/she/they has more money than I do to spend on the bike.

Would be nice to have - looks essentially NOS. Now watch the bike tip over in a wind storm and there goes the pipes...

Ben
    1985 Yamaha VMX12n "Max X" - Stock
    1982 Honda XL500r "Big Red" - Stump Puller. Unknown mileage.
    1974-78 Honda XL350 hybrid - The thumper that revs. Unknown miles.
    1974 Suzuki TC/TS125 hybrid. Trials with trail gear. Invaluable. Unknown miles.
    1971 Honda CL350. For Dad. Newtronic Electronic Ign. Reliable. Unknown miles.

Formerly:
    1982 XS650
    1980 XS1100g
    1979 XS1100sf
    1978 XS1100e donor

Comment

Well, they're awful nice.

But not that nice...jeez. I can't see how it could be justified, with nicer sets in the $500 range and MAC pipes running around $300. I guess it was worth it to the guy, must be for a pristine restoration or something.
      80 XS1100SG
      81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

thats what i am saying you can get a set of mac pipes for 350 or less and have better perfomance
        79 yamaha xs1100f standard
        best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Comment

BETTER performance? That is the first time I have heard that about Mac's (not to knock them). A few good things about OZMs, cornering clearance couldn't be better, you retain the crossover pipe (irrelevant when comparing 4-1's), the oil filter is fully accessible, double head pipes to prevent blueing.
          Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

I'm felling very good about the stock set John found for my MS. Pipes, shipping and beer money, $350...
            thanks again John
            "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
            1981 LH

Comment

You are most welcome. I like the looks of my Jardine that I got from Winterhawk. It was just what I needed. Thanks Winterhawk.

Comment

$1100 bucks could buy you a whole xs11 in real nice shape! or you could get 3 or 4 fixer uppers .. some times ebay is a crazy place to shop [virgin mary ham n cheese]
                .. i should have come off the $475 for the jardine criss-cross 4 into 2 back when they were available.. i'm cheap, so now i'm kickin myself in the butt

Comment

I think I posted last week that a good exhaust system is worth over a grand?
                  "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

Another hundred bucks and two months earlier, he could have scored the Battle Cruiser on Ebay... Just goes to prove what they say about a fool... Oh yeah, I forgot, have to be civilized here. Just can't take me anywhere!
                    Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
                    78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
                    02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

I paid $50.00 for my Jardine 4 into 2 system, including mufflers. One muff has a ding on it, other wise in very good shape.

i should have come off the $475 for the jardine criss-cross 4 into 2 back when they were available
                      Jerry Fields
                      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                      '06 Concours
                      My Galleries Page.
                      My Blog Page.
                      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I use a pair of fat boy pipes that i welded on to the end of the headers, and man, you can't get a nicer sound out of an XS. It turns heads where ever you go, and it sounds friggin' fast. And of course, we all know it is. HAHA. But them youngsters have no idea.

Comment

ebay

I got an original system on ebay with a hand sized dent on the back of one megaphone 2 yrs ago for around $300. Rest of the system is A1 all I need is a chrome heat shield to put over the dent..........just finding the right chrome piece could be a task.
                          Bruce Doucette
                          Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

Working...
                          X