No announcement yet.

Murray Carbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Bax. This set up will run but it will never run correctly. Invest in conventional carbs with the necessary repairs. It's the only way the bike will run right. There are similar kits for old Goldwings and CB750s but the throttle lag is terrible. They just don't work right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	862A5350-scaled.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	875905 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1411__88929.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	875906 Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (8).jpg
Views:	110
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	875907 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010989 1 comp76k.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	875908

Last edited by DEEBS11; 11-07-2023, 11:36 AM.

Comment

From personal experience I can honestly say that a single carb setup on a Goldwing is a complete waste of time and money!

Unless you're a highly experienced tuner you're best off sticking with a stock carb setup on ANY bike. The engineers at the factory have one heck of a lot more background in creating all around usable fuel systems than the opinions of a couple of people you're likely to come across on an Internet repair forum.

Unless of course you're looking to build a track bike in which case you should first ask about their race record.

​​​
      1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

I don't know why anyone would buy this Murray setup? If you really want to get new carbies, get a set on Mikuni RS flat sliders.

Comment

The ZRX carbs have been discussed here many times as they fit. The Mikuni RS flatslides are not cheap. I have a set of 96 Kawasaki GPZ carbs that are almost the same as the ZRX carbs except no K -Tric.. They might go on my 80 SG at one point, but have had no issues with stock clean carbs.
          1980 XS1100 SG
          Inline fuel filters
          New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
          160 mph speedometer mod
          Kerker Exhaust
          xschop K & N air filter setup
          Dynojet Recalibration kit
          1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
          1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Working...
          X