Need help asap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help asap

I have no signals on my 1982 yamaha maxim I put new flasher in and also new rear signals , they turn on but won't flash, however they will flash if u touch the wires together, any ideas or suggestions I can possibly try

Originally posted by nahke View Post
    I have no signals on my 1982 yamaha maxim I put new flasher in and also new rear signals , they turn on but won't flash, however they will flash if u touch the wires together, any ideas or suggestions I can possibly try
    What kind of flasher did you get to replace it with? Is the battery fully charged? If both of these are ok then you need to chack all the grounds on the bike and claen them even if they look like they don't need it.
    2 - 80 LGs bought one new
    81 LH
    02 FXSTB Nighttrain
    22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
    Jim

Comment

Are the new lights LED? If so, you need to replace the stock type flasher with an electronic flasher. You will lose the "self canceling" feature, but that just means turning the signals off after the turn. The "new" flasher should have just two pins. it will go on the old unit but you may have to try one way, and then move to the other two pins it will fit to get it to work correctly.
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
      X