Oil pan and drain plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pan and drain plug

Long ago, I stripped the oil pan where the drain plug goes. I then installed an aftermarket plug to “fix” the threads. Well, it is stripped again. I am looking for an oil pan with non-stripped threads and oil plug. Anyone have one for sale?
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.
    03 Honda ST1300 ABS

Skids, I know I have at least one spare. Let me get to it Monday and I'll PM you.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Thank you Ray
      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.
      03 Honda ST1300 ABS

Comment

Originally posted by skids View Post
        Thank you Ray
        A quick search on Ebay showed about 50 for sale at varying prices but most with shipping included well under 50 dollars.
        2 - 80 LGs bought one new
        81 LH
        02 FXSTB Nighttrain
        22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
        Jim

Comment

Cajun31, I did take a look on ebay. The trouble is you never really know if the item(s) have had stripped threads or are fused due to dissimilar metal. Ray Is someone I can trust.
          Skids (Sid Hansen)

03 Honda ST1300 ABS

Comment

Originally posted by skids View Post
            Cajun31, I did take a look on ebay. The trouble is you never really know if the item(s) have had stripped threads or are fused due to dissimilar metal. Ray Is someone I can trust.
            I understand your concerns. Ebay can sometimes be a crap shoot. I did however see many that looked quite good should Ray not be able to help.
            2 - 80 LGs bought one new
            81 LH
            02 FXSTB Nighttrain
            22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
            Jim

Comment

Working...
            X