X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schming
    replied
    Originally posted by Forden View Post
    What's the deal on the indentations on the tailpipes of these bikes? They couldn't design it a little lower to clear the axle? I though it was just mine but see it in the parts fiche and on all the pics of others.
    They needed the height so the pipes wouldn't scrape would be my best guess.

Leave a comment:

• Forden
    replied
    What's the deal on the indentations on the tailpipes of these bikes? They couldn't design it a little lower to clear the axle? I though it was just mine but see it in the parts fiche and on all the pics of others.

Leave a comment:

• 2manybikes
    replied
    Very nice bike and a great score! The headlight bucket and gauge covers were black. BA80 is correct, the front rotor at least is correct but the center should be black not gold. Be VERY careful of the plastic backs on the mirrors. They will scratch and gouge if you look at them wrong.
    And for any comedians from Michigan, YES that is rust on the center of the rear rotor! Guess the old geezer that put it together missed that detail!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1010.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	868264 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1011.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	868265Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1009.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	868266

Leave a comment:

• Radioguylogs
    replied
    The bike looks great as-it-is. The cosmetic condition is extraordinary.

If you are going for original, in addition to the fender and brake rotors, I think the headlight bucket and gauge covers were originally chrome.

It will look great whether you keep it as-is, or restore it to the original look.

Leave a comment:

• Schming
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80 View Post

Those rotors look right for the year but someone painted them gold like MNS rotors. That bike looks familiar, where did you pick it up?
    Rear rotor is slotted, not correct for the Standard and the color as stated is MNS only. 'Sup Greg

Leave a comment:

• BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by Schming View Post
    Good Score !!! Really nice survivor you have there. Front fender and the correct disc rotors are pretty easy to find.
    Welcome to the fun !!!
    Those rotors look right for the year but someone painted them gold like MNS rotors. That bike looks familiar, where did you pick it up?

Leave a comment:

• Schming
    replied
    Good Score !!! Really nice survivor you have there. Front fender and the correct disc rotors are pretty easy to find.
    Welcome to the fun !!!

Leave a comment:

• normalthom
    replied
    Wow, that looks good as it is now. I'm anxious to see what you have planned for her.
    Good luck and keep posting your progress.

Leave a comment:

• Forden
    started a topic New Member '79 XS11 F

New Member '79 XS11 F

Greetings all, new member here. I've already started disassembling, but here she is a couple days ago when I brought her home. Really looking forward to restoring this one-owner bike to her former glory.

IMG_2501 by Forden Photography, on Flickr
Working...
X