Mystery washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery washer

Putting in new (modified) gears and found this on the clutch shaft when I went to put the clutch pack back on. I took apart my parts engine to see if it had one. Nope. I have a service manual and on the gear and clutch explosion do not see anything like it. I had carefully put the gear string back together according to the manual, so I don't think it's a leftover plate washer from the trans. It does fit nicely on the clutch shaft, though.
    "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

I figured it out. It is the washer directly under the washer-based bolt that holds in the main trans shaft. I had 3 gear sets kicking around and got an extra washer in the mix.
    "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

Comment

Working...
    X