It's time for tires.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time for tires.

It's time for tires. This front tire 100/90 19. I am looking on jpcycles. It says "IT'S NOT A STOCK FITMENT" What's that mean?

https://www.jpcycles.com/product/201...eyword=ZZ26256
    79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
    79 SF parts bike.

I don't know why the site would state that. I do know some of the sites no longer have accurate information for our bikes. I am running 110/90-19 Michelin Pilot Street tires on my SF. The front takes just a bit to fit, but clears everything and gives a little better stability for me. it's also rated at a little higher load, so no worry when I load up for a long ride.

Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I thought it was kind of weird. Thanks
      79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
      79 SF parts bike.

Comment

Why are using J & P? Here is your ticket right here

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/t...orcycle-tire-p

EDIT: No
        w I know why, thats free shipping over at J & P. I'm going that way too!
        Current Daily Rides / Projects

1979 Yamaha XS1100F (since 2015)...Project
        1980 Suzuki GS850G (since 2012)
        1979 Kawasaki KZ400B (since 2013)

Comment

I think that this pandemic is severely limiting the availability of tires. I have been looking for some replacement sets of the Bridgestone spitfire s11's and they are no where to be found. Thinking that maybe they are not making them anymore. Can anyone else shed any light on that? From what I can see on the Bridgestone motorcycle tire site it looks like the battlax BT46 will be their successors. No RWL in those. I am thinking about going with those because at least they are available and painting the lettering with white tire paint. I have MNS's and to maintain the original Mag Mopus RWL look is what I am after.
          Last edited by cajun31; 08-02-2021, 01:27 PM.
          2 - 80 LGs bought one new
          81 LH
          02 FXSTB Nighttrain
          22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
          Jim

Comment

I have used the Spitfires before and that's what's on it now. They cup and cause a vibration and my hands go numb that's why I'm going with the Shinkos. I was going to wait until winter to do tires but the rear show some cords in two spots. Sorry I know this doesn't help.
            79 SF parts bike.

Comment

My friend runs Bent Metal a motorcycle shop in Rupert WV. He is having a problem getting Dunlops.
              fly

Comment

I put the new Shinko's on today. Front & back. Balanced. Cleaned the rims. They were dirty. I think the last time I cleaned them was when I put on the last tire. Took of the FD and greased the splines. Worked all the calipers in & out and flushed the fluid. It started raining before I got done so didn't go for a ride. I will this weekend.
                79 SF parts bike.

Comment

Anyone try Michelin commanders?? I had the 2’s on, now I have the 3’s. My favorite tires by a long shot! Much more confident in the tight turns / bends…
                  80' XS1100 SG "Dottie"

79' SF carbs
                  MAC 4-1
                  K&N Pods
                  Accel 3.0 coils
                  Tarozzi fork brace
                  TC fusebox

Picture update soon

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g4...psej6wqu9l.jpg

79' XS1100 SF (parts, will be reborn)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g4...snfgpozqn.jpeg

Comment

Have not ran these on the XS yet but did put them on my 05 Honda Shadow 1100 and it changed the bike completely for the better...... Next set of tires for my XS will be Pirelli: Night Dragon 100/90-19 Front & Sport Demon 130/90-16 Rear. I'm not too concerned about the shorter tire life as the handling was just so much improved.

---Bax

80 SG, --- Slightly modified with EFI.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bax View Post
                      Have not ran these on the XS yet but did put them on my 05 Honda Shadow 1100 and it changed the bike completely for the better...... Next set of tires for my XS will be Pirelli: Night Dragon 100/90-19 Front & Sport Demon 130/90-16 Rear. I'm not too concerned about the shorter tire life as the handling was just so much improved.

---Bax
                      Right on, let us know how they feel when you get them!!
                      80' XS1100 SG "Dottie"

79' SF carbs
                      MAC 4-1
                      K&N Pods
                      Accel 3.0 coils
                      Tarozzi fork brace
                      TC fusebox

Picture update soon

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g4...psej6wqu9l.jpg

79' XS1100 SF (parts, will be reborn)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g4...snfgpozqn.jpeg

Comment