No announcement yet.

light show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to add. I thing that item on Amazon that the guy purchased is probably because the bike he has is not like our 11s. Bypassing the RLU probably makes that item a waste of money. I read the specs on it and it looks to me like it is just a resistor with the correct male and female H4 connectors. The description also states that the case is extra robust for heat resistance. Meaning of course that if you stuffed that up in the headlight bucket it is going to get hot. Might be something that could be relocated somewhere else... under the tank... where I wouldn't really want added heat. Just threw it in there on my last post because that is the solution the guy came up with to eliminate his problems.
    2 - 80 LGs bought one new
    81 LH
    02 FXSTB Nighttrain
    22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
    Jim

Comment

On some NEWER bikes, like my 2007 BMW R1200RT, you need the extra resistance so the "canbus" system knows the headlight is working. The good systems have that built in to the control module. My BMW would NOT work with 100W bulbs, as they drew too many amps.
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
        On some NEWER bikes, like my 2007 BMW R1200RT, you need the extra resistance so the "canbus" system knows the headlight is working. The good systems have that built in to the control module. My BMW would NOT work with 100W bulbs, as they drew too many amps.
        From what I have researched CANBUS has been around in Europe since 1996 and almost everything built since the year 2000 has implemented it. What all that means to me is I will keep tinkering with these older bikes. When I bought my Harley I specifically bought it because it was one of the last years they built them with carburetors. At least I can still work on them.
        2 - 80 LGs bought one new
        81 LH
        02 FXSTB Nighttrain
        22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
        Jim

Comment

Working...
        X