valve cover gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valve cover gasket

Does anyone have an extra 2H7-11193-10-00 GASKET,HD.COVER. Partzilla will have one in september..
    80 G

Eric, you could try Partshark, which is like Partzilla, only better...

https://www.partshark.com/oemparts/a.../cylinder-head

They are available on Ebay also, non-OEM.
    Don't forget to replace the 2 rubber cam plugs.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Thanks man. I got the 2 rubber cam plugs coming from parts-n- more and the gasket from ebay.

I never done this before but I'm gonna try.
      80 G

Comment

Ok brother, good luck.
        The hardest part is getting everything out of the way above the cover to gain clearance to remove it. Also be careful not to snap any bolts off or strip the hex heads.
        Last edited by bikerphil; 06-16-2021, 07:31 PM.
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/33648-Gasket-...3904816&sr=8-3
          80 G

Comment

speedlimit85, clean area of any oil where cam end plugs go, then a thin smear of Ultra Grey permatex on bottom of cam end plugs and install. This will eliminate any oil weeping in those locations.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Alright. I did it. Thanks guys. I used the permatex under the rubber. I torqued in stages from the inner bolts to the outer ones like I read here somewhere. The hardest part was getting the stuff out of the way and getting all the old gasket off- I used a putty knife wd-40 and gas on a rag.
              80 G

Comment

Good job. They usually need to be re-torqued after a few hundred miles or sooner if it starts to leak. I usually wait for a slight leak and then re-torque.
                2H7 (79)
                3H3

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
                  Good job. They usually need to be re-torqued after a few hundred miles or sooner if it starts to leak. I usually wait for a slight leak and then re-torque.
                  I'm curious. How is it that when we bought these new we never re-torqued ANYTHING "a few 100 miles later"? Seriously. wth?

Comment

The 500 mile "first service" was when it should have been done. I worked for a small Yamaha shop, and put my first XS1100 together from the crate.
                    Ray Matteis
                    KE6NHG
                    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

clean Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	865633
                      80 G

Comment