fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel

Just wonderin what fuel you guys and gals run in your scoots.
    I'm cheap and have just rand 87 but was thinkin'[I hate it when I do that] maybe 92 octane would be better in a high compression motor.
    What do ya all think???

My guess is you will find most or all of us using hi-test, 93 octane. I read the an article about the XS11 when it first came out saying the "hemi" combustion chamber should burn just about anything you can put in it that will burn.
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

My guess is you will find most or all of us using hi-test, 93 octane. I read the an article about the XS11 when it first came out saying the "hemi" combustion chamber should burn just about anything you can put in it that will burn.
      Actually, you may find most of the XS drivers using regular (87 octane). The XS is not a high compression engine with a CR of 9.2:1.

It won't hurt anything to run a higher octane, other than your pocket book.

Just for grins, I started a 4K mile trip with premium (93 oct.). Half way through I switched to 87 octane. When I got back I compared the milage and found no advantage to the higher octane. Both legs included mountain passes and long runs on the slab. I noticed no performance advantage either.
      DZ
      Vyger, 'F'
      "The Special", 'SF'
      '08 FJR1300

Comment

Here u can get 91 octane, but not on every station... I think they stopped selling it... u can get 95 or 98 octane tho... no difference except in price. And the "brand". OMV is good, Petrol sux, haven't been on an Agip station... but that's in Slovenia...

LP
        If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
        (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

I run 89 octane in everthing but my truck, which gets 87. By everything I mean boats, lawn tractors, chain saws, weed eaters, motorcycles, generators, etc., etc.
          Gary Granger
          Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
          2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Oops there I go assuming. I know 5 people personally who have or had XS11 and all told me to run hi-test when I got mine. Therefore I assumed most or all did. How bout a poll? I will certainly run regular if lots already do and have no problems.
            Marty in NW PA
            Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
            Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
            This IS my happy face.

Comment

Working...
            X