No announcement yet.

nameing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 79 SF is "Yamadog". The 81 SR500 is, what else, "Thumper". The 78 YZ400 is "Princess". I got the '78 YZ locally from a guy that had brought it down from Mass. No one had ever really ridden it. It still has the stock tank stickers, tires, chain and sprockets and it's still on the first bore. Wherever I take it a crowd gathers to check it out, sort of like it's Princess Diana. It's a beautiful machine. I got the complete Bob Hannah outfit off eBay so it's like a trip back to high school times when I ride it.

Ed
    79 XS1100SF
    78 YZ400E
    81 SR500
    79 RM250
    77 YZ400D
    05 RM250
    78 CR 250 Husky w/TT500 motor

Comment

well then

after much thought and still no luck i'm running with Jiffy Lube. Reason being,if you ride or park my bike for ten min. or more you have a puddle or a oil soaked leg hance jiffy lube (like the oil change chain of stores
      1982 XJ 1100
      going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
      now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

.. hello Ed, do you take your YZ to the Croom or do you have some place else/better to go?

Comment

I ususally get out to Croom very early on Sundays and blast around the pit for an hour or so. It's good exercise and I get to re-live my childhood. Come on up if you're doing nothing this Sunday. I try to get up there by 8am or so. I'm driving a black Mazda pickup.

Ed
          79 XS1100SF
          78 YZ400E
          81 SR500
          79 RM250
          77 YZ400D
          05 RM250
          78 CR 250 Husky w/TT500 motor

Comment

Godzilla, extinct but still feared
            When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Hey Glarusguy,
              This is kind of off the subject of names, but maybe not.......
              Does your name mean you are in New Glarus, WI, home of some of the best small brewery beer in the universe? I really want to tour the brewery sometime. I like to ride the alphabet roads in that area, but have not worked in the time to do the tour yet. If your name has nothing to do with this, nevermind.
              Miles to Go, Fuel to Burn

Comment

ya

yes he was i asked him already 2fast..you from around the area?i'm from kenosha but now reside in zion il. just over the border.
                1982 XJ 1100
                going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
                now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

I'm in the Twin Cities (as in Minneapolis/St. Paul). Do you make it to the spring or fall Slimey Crud run by Madison? I did both this year, what a trip. BTW, I see you on the XJ forum as well. I have an 82 XJ 650 getting rehab this winter.
                  Miles to Go, Fuel to Burn

Comment

Zion? Isn't that where the party is when we defeat the Matrix?
                    Sorry guy's...yeah I'm a nerd, but I think that movie cool.
                    Yep that's right I lived in New Glarus, WI. Seem's hard to change the name now. MMMMM!!! Spotted Cow and Uf-Dah bock. The tour is decent. The brewery is small, but has a great history. Let me know I would love to take a ride there and tour. Maybe to keep this within the thread I could call my 80 "Uf-Dah or Fat Squirrel"

Oh I can't wait to get home so I can kick back and tip a couple Spotted Cows.
                    "If it weren't for a budget I'd be bored."

Thom
                    79 xs11sf - Rented Mule
                    80 xs11sg
                    81 sr250t- sold to Pain

Comment

Working...
                    X