Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my XS1000F project bike

Hello All:

First of all, I would like to thank you guys for all of your invaluable help.
    Your XS11.club is a gold mine of quick personal help with problems, how to's and mods.
    The members are friendly and have lots of experience with these bikes.
    Thank you!

I would like to post a picture and an update on my XS1100F project. not really a project any more though.

The original engine was kind of locked up. It would turn 160 degrees and stop and then back 160 degress and stop. I think there are bent valves. I am going to take the original engine apart to see what is wrong.

I bought a used 79 engine from andreashweiss on this forum, it runs great! Thank you Andy. I also bought a bunch of spare parts from him for future needs. He has good prices and good parts.

Here is my XS. It just needs new tires and some fine tuning and she's my ride. I found a square headlight bucket and square signals on Ebay. They are coming in the mail. woooohooo!

I haven't had a chance to test ride it yet due to the Canadian winter effect. booo..

any way...here is my XS1100 so far......

cheers,
    God bless America.
    Ron DIlschneider.

1978 XS1100E

I like the color! You did get the engine from the best breaker around! As I now live in Southwest Idaho, I hope to meet him once the border opens up, maybe by summer?!?!
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Nice bike Ron. Hope it gives you much enjoyment.
      2 - 80 LGs bought one new
      81 LH
      02 FXSTB Nighttrain
      22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
      Jim

Comment

Looks great, nice job! The first ride should be awesome.
        1979 XS1100SF - AKA 500 Special
        Bike Pics: https://qq0u.app.link/Fcucd6JL6V

Comment

Ronnie_D that resto is looking great!!! Nice work!

---Bax
          80 SG, --- Slightly modified with EFI.....

Comment

Working...
          X