turn signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turn signals

getting bike almost done,,,,,turn key to on and all turn signal come on steady
    Adolph Spitta
    MM2(SS)

Please include the year and type of bike in your signature, that will help us help you.
    If they all come on with the ignition, you have bad ground or they are connected to the tail light, and not the left/right signal wires. First verify you have a good ground at each turn signal. Easy way is use a VOM and check resistance between the base of the signal and the frame at a bolt or ground point. You should show Zero to 5 Ohms max. If that is good, and you have a 1980 up bike, check the 4 way switch on the lower left bar and make sure it's not on.
    Get back and we can go from there if that doesn't fix it.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

1978 xs1100e, will do the checks, thanks
      Adolph Spitta
      MM2(SS)

Comment

some has jacked with this bike's turn sig.....1157 in front...1156 rear??????????????
        Adolph Spitta
        MM2(SS)

Comment

Usually the front is running and turn signal, needing a 2 filiment bulb.
          1979 XS1100 Special
          1980 XS1100 Std parts bucket
          1987 ZL1000 Eliminator
          1976 XS750D Project in waiting

Comment

Adolph, The '78 does have both turn and running light in front, and only turn in back. Check your wires, Blue is front running light, Brown is left flasher, Dark green is Right flasher in front, and Brown Left, Dark Green Right in back with Black as the ground. This is from the Yamaha factory repair manual for the '78 E.
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG
            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

The bulb socket can be crusty and need cleaned. The system is very sensitive to voltage and if if it's not right they won't blink. I've needed some rpm on the motor to make mine blink before I cleaned the sockets and bulbs.
              1979 XS1100 Special
              1980 XS1100 Std parts bucket
              1987 ZL1000 Eliminator
              1976 XS750D Project in waiting

Comment

Thanks, i'll give it a try
                Adolph Spitta
                MM2(SS)

Comment

got a new flasher from andreas, and found wrong bulbs installed up front.... turn sig fixed..much appreciated all help .. this is an awesome site ....thanks
                  Adolph Spitta
                  MM2(SS)

Comment

Working...
                  X