Need better lighting for Gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need better lighting for Gauges

Greetings! My speedo and Tach are yellowy and truthfully my eyes ain't what they used to be. Does anyone know if they make L.E.D.s for them? If so where might one get them? Also what size are they or part/wattage. Any info is much appreciated. Bike is a 78 "E" standard. TIA Joe.

Yes, you can get LED's. Sorry, I'm on my way out. Just look up the OEM lamp and ask Google for an LED replacement. Amazon will bring them straight away. Super Brite LED's will have them too!
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

I'm running the superbright LEDs in my '79. Sorry, I don't have the number from the order but get the highest LUMEN number you can for the bulb size. The high number is a brighter bulb/light.
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Much appreciated guys! I've got some work to do,thanks again! Joe.

Comment

Welcome Joe! Where do you live in SJ ?

Eastcoaster
          82 XJ1100J
          81 Venturer
          Newly acquired Aches N Pains collection

Comment

Welcome Joe .........................

Another consideration is bulb height. The OEM bulb is like 21mm tall. Spec for the BA9s single LED is 23.5mm height. Spec for the 4 LED is 25.78mm
            Of course if the bulb is too tall it will hit and not allow the bulb holder / rubber seal on the Speedo / Tach to fit and seal properly. The single BA9s at 23.5mm fits in my Speedo / Tach. The 4 LED 25.78 mm tall bulb will not.

However the 4 LED bulb will fit OK in the Pilot Box however if you are riding at night the Green neutral light or the Blue high beam light will about blind you and ruin your night vision. I run the superbrights in my three E's. All are the BA9s single LED bulbs. Pilot box lights are great with just the single LED. Unless it is dark the Speedo / Tach bulbs don't show anyways, but at night they are crisp & clear. Think I may have the 4 LED Red in the Oil Light just because I bought both kinds of red bulbs.

Good luck. Bulbs are cheap so experiment to see what fits and meets your needs.

Jeff
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

LED’s will also lower the wattage a small amount, every bit can help with the charging system.
              Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Working...
              X