No announcement yet.

Motor Just Switched off while Riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Dean; 11-05-2005, 09:00 AM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their
    shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away
    and you have their shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by e.z.nightrider
      Same thing happened to me on my xj650. The PO had rewired the fuse box, but just wire rapped the connections. So don't just check the fuseholder connection but also the wire to fuseholder connection.

Well now if fires up???... I replaced the ignition swith and the start button controls and nothing.. it still would'nt turn over, I messed with plugin connectors for a couple of days then I just quit, then today I go out there and just for the heck of it turned it on and hit the start button and it turned over..go figure!
      it's definitly a loose connection some where, I was thinking maybe some of my conectors are not making contact is there a light grease you can use on the conectors to make better contact?
      I don't want to be a few miles from home and have it shut off on me again. Anyone?
      Thanks
      Dean

Comment

I would check for sloppy contact inside the handlebar kill switch. You can bypass it inside the switch housing, by removing the two screws that attach the wires to the switch, and just attach them to each other, bypassing the switch.If the curent can't flow to the switch, then it will not crank. The kill circuit is what powers up the start circuit through the starter solenoid.

Comment

Originally posted by John
          I would check for sloppy contact inside the handlebar kill switch. You can bypass it inside the switch housing, by removing the two screws that attach the wires to the switch, and just attach them to each other, bypassing the switch.If the curent can't flow to the switch, then it will not crank. The kill circuit is what powers up the start circuit through the starter solenoid.
          I replaced the the on/off switch in the original control because it was sloppy and only turned one way,..that didn't help. I found a nice control on ebay installed that one, and at first that didn't work, but now it's making contact.
          Man,..wiring can be a headach, hope it stays ok now.
          Thanks
          John
          ---------
          Dean

Comment

Working...
          X