Intermittent Headlight???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent Headlight???

I went to leave my house a few nights ago, when I started my bike my headlight was not working. After scratching my head for a few minutes I checked the fuses. Sure enough the headlight fuse was blown. So I replaced it, and nothing. So I was forced to take my car. The next day took my bike to our shop and when I pulled in the light was working? I havent checked the manual yet, but I just thought I would see if anyone has any ideas before i pull the tank and seat. Oh yeah when this happens the guage lights don't work either.

Josh
    Josh
    '04 VTX C
    '79 XS1100 SF (For Sale)
    '80 QT50 Yamahopper (For Sale)

Check the wires in the headlight bucket. Look for "wear points" or rubbed spots on the wires. It may be chaffing on the bucket, and when you move the front end, it's clear.
    Ray
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Also chech the connectors from the regulator, all the way to the clip behind the fuse panel. It is tough to get in there, so while you are at it, clean the 4-wire connector also.

Originally posted by DiverRay
      Check the wires in the headlight bucket. Look for "wear points" or rubbed spots on the wires. It may be chaffing on the bucket, and when you move the front end, it's clear.
      Ray
      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

ran out of lights recently, replaced relay under tank, cleaned h/bar switch, no problems since.

Comment

Working...
        X