No announcement yet.

Lithium battery and new regulator/rectifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been in electronics for 40 years. Designed and repaired systems for government and law enforcement for the last twenty years. I have also been a mechanic for almost 50 years. I would never, ever put a lithium battery in a motorcycle. You are inviting a trip to the "side of the road" at the most inopportune time during an important ride. I have many customers who request stupid sh*t like this and I talk them out of it because I won't put my name on something that is junk or dangerous.

Comment

However, to answer the actual part question:

https://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com...patible-14_410

Click image for larger version

Name:	ezgif-4-232296fe81.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	876285

Comment

Originally posted by thinkablecover View Post
        I acknowledge and appreciate the concerns raised regarding the Li battery choice for this custom build. It's crucial to address these considerations, and your insights are valuable.

However, it's important to note that this build is tailored to the customer's preferences, specifically aiming for a compact battery size. The entire bike is undergoing a comprehensive rewiring process, incorporating an M unit into the system for enhanced functionality.

In light of potential challenges related to Li batteries, I'm exploring the specifications of the current regulator rectifier (reg rec) to ensure compatibility. This proactive approach allows me to assess whether a replacement reg rec that aligns better with Li battery requirements might be necessary.

I appreciate your understanding and would welcome any additional advice or insights you may have on this matter. Let's collaborate to ensure a seamless integration of the Li battery into this unique custom build.
        Perhaps you would want to share the details of your project?

Are you, by any chance, in sales?
        -Mike
        _________
        '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
        '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
        '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
        '79 XS750SF 17k miles
        '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
        '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
        '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Working...
        X