Exhaust/foot peg bracket.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust/foot peg bracket.

I have a 1980 LG. The right side exhaust/foot peg bracket is broken at the rear brake pivot mount on the frame. I have obtained an other one only to find that the rear brake pivot mounts on it instead of the frame and therefore does not fit. What are similar models that willl have a similiar setup. I have gone through the parts manuels an they have not helped.

Any help is apprreciated.

Marc

You need to explain your problem better. Its confusing. You have a broken alum footpeg /muffler bracket.The replacement you found does not fit???? I am pretty sure the alum part you broke on your xs11 is the same for all xs11? Maybe some minor costmetic differences but any yr should fit 78-81. There is a left and right.

Comment

The footpeg/muffler mounting bracket is different from a Standard to a Special. I tried to fit one from a Standard to my SG and the distance from the front footpeg mount, to the opening to the rear brake lever mount are different. I have some from an XJ that are for sale. The only difference is the XJ parts have a groove machined in them that outlines the shape of the bracket. It is the same groove that you would see on an 81 SH.

Comment

Nope. Andre, I know for a fact that a 78E's will not fit an 81H. I know that he referred to a special, but there are differences between years/models.

Originally posted by andreashweiss
        I am pretty sure the alum part you broke on your xs11 is the same for all xs11? Maybe some minor costmetic differences but any yr should fit 78-81. There is a left and right.
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Working...
        X